• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A trip to Folly Beach S.C... or The Entire Detecting Community Shows Up!!!

GaBeachsweeper

Forum Supporter
Well Miss Cheryl and I took the interstate from Augusta to Charleston for a beach hunt on Folly Beach. We parked at the pier and commenced making for the sand with detectors and scoops in hand when we noticed we were NOT the only ones with this idea. We lit out from Appling about 4:30 am arriving at about 8am after a brief Bojangles breakfast stop in Columbia. Low tide was about an hour and a half past so we had some good area to work. However the temp. had me in jeans, long sleeves and a sweatsuit so I was reluctant to do any wading. That changed as the targets were not very plentiful initially. There were already two guys swinging their machines when we got to it. I spoke with one and it seems of the FIVE other MD'ers I saw during the time we hunted including a dad with his kid trying out a Micronta-looking bottle-cap finder :lol:. These two were the only ones willing to acknowledge our presence.
He told me he read our forum and his username was Reynold (s) from Summerville S.C.?
Reynold was swinging an Xterra70 which he was unfamiliar with and having difficulty pinpointing. Anyone recognize that username? I got the feeling that Folly must have seen some new sand in the not too distant past because I wasn't seeing many holes or digging many targets. Including us, I counted eight detectors in sight over the time we were there. NONE were even wading though. I expect I would have done somewhat better had I decided to dip the tootsies upon arrival and stay in the ankle deep range for my entire hunt but I don't like being cold. Anyways guys and guyettes. here's the pics of our junk.
These first two are the targets Cheryl dug before she stopped to rest. The rest are what I found.
The spin is, we drove a long way to dig CRAP. Some coins, bobby-pins junk jewelry, AKA BLING, key-fobs and keys.
Craig I thought of you as I was digging up those bobby-pins. Knowing it was junk and not feeling that beach clean-up was worth the effort it was taking. :lol:
Here's the BLING.
I knew it was junk when I saw the chain hanging out of my scoop.
Happy New Year All!
Jim

Attachments

• FollyBeach12-06010.jpg
    FollyBeach12-06010.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 519
  • FollyBeach12-06011.jpg
    FollyBeach12-06011.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 488
  • FollyBeach12-06005.jpg
    FollyBeach12-06005.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 346
  • FollyBeach12-06008.jpg
    FollyBeach12-06008.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 336
  • FollyBeach12-06006.jpg
    FollyBeach12-06006.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 331
know how you feel, get a plan all set an get there after a long drive an see a bunch of people with the same plan, but you never know till you get there.

If its any relief ,all we found the same day was about 65 cent lol. It was good meeting someone from the forum . That was better than any find I thought.

GaBeachsweeper said:
Cfmct-PI said:
Jim Thats some fine looking "excal" junk :lol: ;)
Yeah Craig, nearly as appetizing as that pile of PI you have there. :lol:

I just do a more complete job at helping keep our environment cleaner ;)

Back
Top Bottom