Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > How to Use Your Metal Detector

Old 10-13-2021, 12:07 AM
Supporter

Default Neat trick with the Nox 800

My grandson is 7 I want to introduce him to metal detecting. We will be hunting a park next to the river and a 4 lane road with heavy traffic. It will drown out the more subtle tones using the external speaker.

So I found out that I can let him use my Trond wireless earphones and I use a wired pair of earphones. Works perfectly.

He is my digging buddy and pinpointer so he gets the wireless set. Me I am just the swinger and I can deal with the wired set.

Nox 800, Steves CF shaft, 6" nox coil, Coiltek 10 x 5" Nox coil, Vanquish 440. Civil War research and relic hunting. Lake beach hunting, short wave listening. US Army veteran. shout out to all veterans and patriots!

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-13-2021, 12:40 AM
Supporter

Thatís pretty dang cool. The Tronds any good?

EQX800, Dos Compadres : 2021 (Total (4/13 to date)) - Clad: $42.75($1123.19), Silver coins: 8 (50), Wheats: 22 (165), Gold: 0 (27), Plat: 0 (1), .925 10 (98), Rings: 13 (247), Oldest Coins: 1919,20 wheats, 1921 Ten Centavos Filipinas; Chinese cash coin

Old 10-13-2021, 10:42 AM

I presume you could do the same thing with the wireless headphones that come with the Nox?

Old 10-13-2021, 11:13 AM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by maxxkatt View post
My grandson is 7 I want to introduce him to metal detecting. We will be hunting a park next to the river and a 4 lane road with heavy traffic. It will drown out the more subtle tones using the external speaker.

So I found out that I can let him use my Trond wireless earphones and I use a wired pair of earphones. Works perfectly.

He is my digging buddy and pinpointer so he gets the wireless set. Me I am just the swinger and I can deal with the wired set.
Nothing more fun than spending time with the grand kids detecing! Have a great time!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
405-206-9010
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Authorized

Minelab partner of year 2012, Customer service awards '12 and '13.

Old 10-13-2021, 11:25 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by maxxkatt View post

Many owners malign them, sell them or just don't use them, but I have two WM08 Wi Stream receivers just for the reason you are describing and more. I can hear what a newbie is detecting with their detector and give them some tips or I can like you, share one detector with operator/digger and nobody will get tripped up by being wired to the detector. Too bad that you can't use Bluetooth and Wi Stream at the same time or have more than one Bluetooth receiver connected. You can have up to 4 WM08s connected to one detector however....

1 members found this post helpful.

Tags
headphones, nox 800, wired, wireless