Beach silver coin trifecta

MTJosh

Elite Member
Hit the beach for a couple hours before dark. Not target rich but cover enough ground and found some pockets. Low slope and deep pops out a 42 quarter. 15 min later mid slope shallow out pops a merc. Can't read the date but always fun getting a merc. Then later pop a nickel that looked interesting. When I got home was able to look at closer and sure enough my second war nickel (45) This is first time I have pulled all three of these silvers in a single outing beach or turf. This beach just keeps giving up old coins. Pulled a 41 & 44 wheat too. No gold ever off this near mile of beach for me but having fun with silvers. Also got $6.50 clad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 209
I guess hitting the silver trifecta with the nickel would be hard. Congrats!

Congrats on the silver Josh! I wouldn't be surprised to see some SoCal gold posted on this forum this weekend. The recent high surf advisory and extreme tides have definitely moved some sand around our beaches. :yes:

Tanks everyone. Was a fun hunt. I am up to 21 silver coins off this 3/4mile stretch of beach. Only gold has been beaches to the north and south of it. This area just keeps producing silver coins with no complaints from me.

Congrats on the silver Josh! I wouldn't be surprised to see some SoCal gold posted on this forum this weekend. The recent high surf advisory and extreme tides have definitely moved some sand around our beaches. :yes:
There has been some sand movement but still very flat conditions here in the south bay. Targets around but more random. Thursday has some pockets. By Friday beaches already sanding in. Still hoping for winter erosion to think about starting and give us some nice steeper slope to hunt. Big cuts would be nice too. But would gladly have 5-20ft of sand stripped off and give us more than one tidal cycle of good hunting.

Back
Top Bottom