Just one more, come on......rings 137, 138, Sterlings 57,58...

Ice Scratcher

Elite Member
Just one more gold and I swear I'll call it done!!!

Honest I will please... GIVE ME MY #$%^& GOLD!! :crazy:

Its been a while since I had a gold fix...

You know why?

I swear its this stupid #$%^& (good luck for ice fishing) beard I grow this time of year!!:mad: I don't know if you remember, but I couldn't find gold to save my life earlier this season till I shaved my beard off.... Well here it is again and if this isn't proof I don't know what is!

Hunted local beach for another 3.5 hours today... Not as cold as last time but still had ice buildup issues. My machine started to even ice up below the water and became pretty tough to swing near the end of the hunt, and heavy on the walk back to the truck.. Man I got it bad, just one more....

I found a really productive spot, $1.43 in clad which is a lot of clad if you've ever taken note of my clad totals on my hunts. I'm sure I would have hit gold if it wasn't for my scary winter beard!! Seems southern Michigan gold is the respectable type, gotta look clean cut for it to show up...

Both rings are junkers, the big one really had me going.. Who in the hell would make such a ring out of stainless? If I ever get a chance to meet them I would like to sign their face with my RTG!! :mad:

Still keeping the skunk barely away with a couple sterlings, one earing that I suspect the marks were either wore off the shank, or covered up when the shank was soldered on, it sounded, looks and tests good though.. Also found a sterling chain, this one is marked S/S, first time I've seen sterling marked that way.. I betting the S/S= Sterling Silver....

Anyway...

Thanks for looking and good luck to all!!!

<*)))>{

Attachments

• IMG_20141120_233246.jpg
    IMG_20141120_233246.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_20141120_233359.jpg
    IMG_20141120_233359.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 400
  • IMG_20141120_233155.jpg
    IMG_20141120_233155.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 396
  • IMG_20141120_233059.jpg
    IMG_20141120_233059.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_20141120_221323.jpg
    IMG_20141120_221323.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 399
I like that number..#42 I would not stop either until hell freezes over.. and after the looks of those waders the other day I would say your time is limited..

You know why you haven't found gold recently? Because your coil hasn't gone over it :D Maybe you need to stop counting total ring counts... you are disrespecting the gold :lol: Nice looking hunt..

A few years ago I hunted in such cold... even though I winter hunt I have my limits... that hunt was 14 degree's with a 30 mph wind... all I will say is never again... sure I found gold... but the near frostbite wasn't worth it to me..;)

You know why you haven't found gold recently? Because your coil hasn't gone over it :D Maybe you need to stop counting total ring counts... you are disrespecting the gold :lol: Nice looking hunt..

A few years ago I hunted in such cold... even though I winter hunt I have my limits... that hunt was 14 degree's with a 30 mph wind... all I will say is never again... sure I found gold... but the near frostbite wasn't worth it to me..;)

Thanks!

The pre-winter cold is a blessing IMO, its just helping me get tough for the real deal that's about to come!!

I was actually too warm on yesterday's hunt. I was dressed for bleak conditions.. I happened to find that target rich area and was scooping like a mad man trying to get it all covered.. It was freezing over as I was hunting it, I was stomping through ice and then swinging my coil where I stomped...And daylight was getting short. I was slightly over dressed for all that action and was actually getting too hot.. I was sweating and my glasses kept trying to slide off my face...

<*)))>{

You could shave the beard off one last time. :santa:

I thought about it but I fear its too late for that, I was a little surprised to see open water still.... Any minute now, she is going to put a lid on the whole damn thing!

<*)))>{

Thanks guys for all the thoughts and comments!!!

Good luck to the lot of ya!!

<*)))>{

Nice hunt, im sure you'll gt that one last gold for the season, it'll probably be after swinging in the frigid water or three hours and then it will pop in the dry sand on the way back to the vehicle... Go get em!

I actually heard this song on the way out yesterday and thought it was very appropriate timing....

"I'm not ready to stop, I'm not hanging it up, I've come to far to turn back now."

<*)))>{

Nice hunt, im sure you'll gt that one last gold for the season, it'll probably be after swinging in the frigid water or three hours and then it will pop in the dry sand on the way back to the vehicle... Go get em!

I hope your right Zee! Thanks!

<*)))>{

Was a nice looking hunt Ice i beleive that last gold will come before you switch over to your ice fishing.I really think you should send Garrett the pictures of your hunts and what your At pro looks like frozen solid.They should use your shots as advertisements for their product.That At pro is a tank and from the gold numbers you and Irons put up that detector is hard to beat in the fresh water esp considering the price of it...

Back
Top Bottom