Broke the drought tonight...

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
Today warmed up to around 40 so I went out for a short hunt... got to the beach at 2:30 and left just before 4 pm this afternoon....

Its a spot Robert and I have hit before and was quiet...when I got there I noticed it had been ground down about a foot... I hunted the bottom of the slope and 10 feet out on the flat... no silver today... there is a date on the inside from 1956...

When I first saw it in the scoop I thought it was brass because of the color... I took before and after pictures of the ring...

Hunted with the GT. Ring is 6 grams of 14k

Attachments

• 001 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 688
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 747
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 651
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 627
Nice! congrats..Looks like it had been there since the wedding but it cleaned up beautifully.

Nice heavy one also!!

I'm glad it is over so Earl will be happy now... :giggle:

Grats on breaking the gold slump...now it my turn. Sounds like conditions are improving, hopefully there's more gold in your future.

Last edited:
:shock: I'd say that one was locked in a spot where it didn't move at all for a long time. May be fixing to really open up? Can't even remember what month I found green coins? Been a long time. Lacking a winter storm it may take another year before this sand moves. If it ever does. Don't think a crackhead could sell a stolen detector for 5 bucks around here right now:lol:

Thought you'd be too busy with all that white gold falling from the sky. :shock:

Wish all the brass rings I find turned out to be gold like yours Craig, nice score on the yellow :good:
What coil were you using on the GT?

There ya go! (I predicted you would find gold eventually...:lol:) Nice score, love the look of that old gold. May there be more to come! :D

Thought you'd be too busy with all that white gold falling from the sky. :shock:

Wish all the brass rings I find turned out to be gold like yours Craig, nice score on the yellow :good:
What coil were you using on the GT?

No snow here... heck our leaves are still in the tree's... I wish they would fall so I can clean them up :)

SEF 10x12

Last edited:
:shock: I'd say that one was locked in a spot where it didn't move at all for a long time. May be fixing to really open up? Can't even remember what month I found green coins? Been a long time. Lacking a winter storm it may take another year before this sand moves. If it ever does. Don't think a crackhead could sell a stolen detector for 5 bucks around here right now:lol:

It was pretty deep Larry... the coins were shallow maybe a half scoop except the nickels they were deep as well at least the clean ones... nickels are from the 50's and 60's... it was a large area but I concentrated my hunting where I found the gold... plenty of time this winter to search the rest of the area.

Back
Top Bottom