Ctx 3030

I received a V3i this Christmas, couldn't be more happier. I don't know about the CTX having problems or needing repairs. I do see tons of used CTX's for sale all the time, not sure of the reason. The only problem I see with Minelabs is that they are made in China, who knows who repairs them. White's are made in the U.S.A. if you ever need service, my old White's never did.

I should mention, I sold my White's MXT PRO last month to purchase a Carb. Then my wife surprised me and bought a V3i and a new Carb. Anyway, I had a ton of people wanting the MXT PRO. I was told they don't see used White's for sale that offen.

Both are great detectors capable of amazing depth. I do think the CTX is a little quicker to learn of the two for best depth, however, the V3i is the far better beach/gold/totlot machine. If I were mainly hunting old deep coins I'd take the CTX, for everything else the V3i.

I received a V3i this Christmas, couldn't more happier. I don't know about the CTX having problems or needing repairs. I do see tons of used CTX's for sale all the time, not sure of the reason. The only problem I see with Minelabs is that they are made in China, who knows who repairs them. White's are made in the U.S.A. if you ever need service, my old White's never did.

pretty sure the minelabs aren't made in china.....infact it says on the box Malaysia, and service and repairs are done in Illinois......your white might be assembled in the US but i'd be willing ta bet that many of those parts are made in china

pretty sure the minelabs aren't made in china.....infact it says on the box Malaysia, and service and repairs are done in Illinois......your white might be assembled in the US but i'd be willing ta bet that many of those parts are made in china
Still doesn't change the fact that you see tons of Minelabs needing repairs or see tons of them up for sale used. Check the history here on used detectors or on people asking what's wrong with my Minelab.

Still doesn't change the fact that you see tons of Minelabs needing repairs or see tons of them up for sale used. Check the history here on used detectors or on people asking what's wrong with my Minelab.

We will never know the real sales numbers, but can anyone argue that E-Trac/CTX sales aren't many times that of the V3i?
If you have 10 times the numer out there you see 10x the complaints.

I received my CTX on 12-27-12 and could not be happier. So far I have fond more silver in the first few weeks then my At Pro ans YES I have been hitting the same type of spots. this thing love coins and really loves Silver. so far her is a pic of my good finds.

4E38D71B-07F3-4A1C-94D9-B337566C7211-5731-0000060E6E96701C.jpg

need to add one I just got a hour ago.
E0C15D79-9D8D-4BB9-B33E-A7A0C7D3B74C-5731-00000636E3AD4FC1.jpg

Fact?!? Coming from someone that said they are "Made in China" you don't seem to have your facts very straight. I have owned two Minelab products and have not had a single problem with either of them. Well, other than the fact that I had to buy a new pouch to keep my silver in....

Before chiming in and saying a machine is bad or a company is bad, why don't you talk about your machine and the pro's of it. You sound like a jealous person when you talk bad about something you don't have or never used. Stick to what you know as fact and leave your speculation at the door. I would never talk bad about anything I haven't used before, let alone say fallacies that are easily disputed, such as your made in China comment.

The reason you see alot for sale is because people see the latest and greatest and get advice from people that are experienced. They think they can do similar things with their new machines only to find out that they will have to put 1000's of hours in to get what the experienced guys are finding. The CTX has been a great machine for me and I wouldn't trade it back in for any other detector. To the OP good luck on your choice, if you get the CTX, there are some good video's on line on set-ups and usage for best performance.

Good luck,

Greg

If you have 10 times the numer out there you see 10x the complaints.
It's used sales of Minelabs that I see tons of, people are unloading them more than White's. Just because you see a Minelab for $2,200.00 doesn't make it better than a $900.00 Whites.

It's used sales of Minelabs that I see tons of, people are unloading them more than White's. Just because you see a Minelab for $2,200.00 doesn't make it better than a $900.00 Whites.

Read his post above. People buy to try and realize they can not or will not put the time in the learn it. I for one LOVE my CTX and I am not a fan of Whites at all. I have tried them and hunted with guys who had them. Not my cup of tea. The look like they where made in the 70's for one...

and to add can I justify the 2 grand expense so far yes and no. I have more silver this time of this year then last. Is it worth a grand more then the eTrac I don't know as I have never used a eTrac. And I see more eTracs and other Minelabs for sale so they can upgrade to the CTX or other Minelabs. Most Minelab guys stay Minelab.

I own an Etrac and and have friends that own CTX's and both are great machines and find lots of silver. Feel free to check out my albums under my profile to see what I have found with my Etrac. I think with any high end machine whether its is a White, Minelab, or whatever, you need to put in more time to learn it. I would never bash something that I have never tried. I know their are a lot of people on here that use the V3i and find find lot of good stuff, maybe they could chime in.

I encourage anyone (especially in my area) to get the v3i over any minelab. Especially if they are looking for silver. :)

Come on guys!! We can share what we feel are the pros or cons of both Whites and Minelab without degrading either company and each other!

I used a MXT Pro for a year and loved it. It was rough and tough and super simple to operate. A bit chatty, but a great machine.

I got the tech bug and bought a CTX to see what I was missing. I hit two spots that I crushed over and over with the MXT and found about $1 in clad with the CTX there. When I say crushed, it is a few houses down and every time I would get bored I would go over for an hour or two and scrub the ground...for a few months with the 12" coil and a few months with the 5.3 coil.

Fist time over with the CTX I found two wheat pennies in areas that I have been over for hours (the edge of the driveway).

Is it the holy grail? Maybe not, but it sure is a sweet machine so far. I've only been out one day but I feel fairly confident with the machine. It is super smooth, not chatty, and when it chirps, start digging.

I would also say that all the guys with the V3i seem to love them as well. White's makes great products.

I would have bought the V3i instead if it were waterproof and worked in saltwater (it does neither). I just didn't want to spend the coin for the V3i and then also drop the cash for an Excal (or whatever).

Come on guys!! We can share what we feel are the pros or cons of both Whites and Minelab without degrading either company and each other!

Oh Ron, we are getting along. Sometimes you just have to remind folks how they portray themselves. Its the old golden rule, If you don't have something nice to say, Don't say anything at all. Although I may have come across a little more direct than I had intended, I don't think I was to far off base.

As for the CTX 3030, the price tag is not $2200 unless you go through Big Box dealers or Cabella's. Call one of our forum dealers (Bart at BigBoysHobbies) and you will get one WAY cheaper than that.

Greg

As for the CTX 3030, the price tag is not $2200 unless you go through Big Box dealers or Cabella's. Call one of our forum dealers (Bart at BigBoysHobbies) and you will get one WAY cheaper than that.

Greg

Yeah but I am not going to say his price. LOL But Bart is the man.

I think it comes down to the operator more than the detector. I like to hunt with people that are good hunters. I don't care what they swing.

Back
Top Bottom