DeepTech Vista Gold

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
I have been reading all the forums and the DeepTech detectors have caught my eye. I have been reading up and watching video's on them, they say that they are deep seekers and good at hitting on low conductive items. From my understanding the discrimination only goes high enough to knock out small iron foil & above can not be disc'd out. For me that would be fine as I only knock out a small nail and dig everything that beeps. Some kind member on another forum offered to send me his DeepTech Vista Gold with three coils to use. He told me that I can use it as long as I want, he said it is beach hunting time where he is and he uses other detectors for the beach. All he is asking is for me to cover the shipping, I decided to take him up on the offer and told him that I will be extra careful with it. It will be interesting to see if this detector will be as good as the Tesoro Compadre @ jewelry hunting.

Attachments

• vista_gold_1.jpg
    vista_gold_1.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 2,362
  • vista_gold_.jpg
    vista_gold_.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 2,141
I will be interested in hearing what you discover, Ski.

About all I know about the Vista Gold is that it is almost as fast in recovery speed as the XP Deus. That should be mean that it will do crazy good things in trash.

I will be interested in hearing what you discover, Ski.

About all I know about the Vista Gold is that it is almost as fast in recovery speed as the XP Deus. That should be mean that it will do crazy good things in trash.

It has a fast and a slow recovery switch, I watched video's on the Vista Gold picking out goodies surrounded by nails, impressive. When I get it and give it a try I will let you know my thoughts.

Vista Gold

I never owned the Compadre, but I have a Gold, and the Gold should be able to eat the compadre for lunch! At 25Khz, It loves Gold, nickels , and other low conductors.:lol:

I have been reading all the forums and the DeepTech detectors have caught my eye. I have been reading up and watching video's on them, they say that they are deep seekers and good at hitting on low conductive items. From my understanding the discrimination only goes high enough to knock out small iron foil & above can not be disc'd out. For me that would be fine as I only knock out a small nail and dig everything that beeps. Some kind member on another forum offered to send me his DeepTech Vista Gold with three coils to use. He told me that I can use it as long as I want, he said it is beach hunting time where he is and he uses other detectors for the beach. All he is asking is for me to cover the shipping, I decided to take him up on the offer and told him that I will be extra careful with it. It will be interesting to see if this detector will be as good as the Tesoro Compadre @ jewelry hunting.

Hi buddy,
I'm really curious what you'll think about this ... machine.

Good Luck in ya digs.

I've read that this machine isn't the best for modern trash areas due to its super sensitivity but other then that I think it would be an awesome machine. I'm just waiting for our club sponsor to get it in then I'll be doing the same thing as you before I make a purchase.

That was very generous of that forum member to let you use his machine with people like that who make this hobby what it is.:yes:

Man all I can say is TURN IT ON & RUN & HAVE SOME FUN!!

That is ONE GOOD Friend.

Keep us updated on how she performs and what you find.

Remember NO PICTURES MEANS IT NEVER HAPPENED ;)

I also would like to know how good it is on gold and silver. What about trash? I hear they are fast on recovery. How are they on the salt water beaches? I think everyone has questions. Give it a hell of a work out and let us know how she did... KEN

Vista Gold

Its a relic machine. It only discs out iron. Its very good at picking out non ferrous from iron. If you take it into a trash filled park, you will be digging up everything above iron. Tiny pcs of aluminum, gold, tiny pieces of aluminum, silver, tiny pieces of aluminum, copper, etc. Get the message? LOL. Its a great machine in iron, its not your average park machine!

These seem like detectors made for one type of hunting. It's nice if you have the funds for multiple units, each for it's own style.

Dry sand only on a salt water beach.

I also would like to know how good it is on gold and silver. What about trash? I hear they are fast on recovery. How are they on the salt water beaches? I think everyone has questions. Give it a hell of a work out and let us know how she did... KEN

These seem like detectors made for one type of hunting. It's nice if you have the funds for multiple units, each for it's own style.
I do not have the funds, matter of fact I sold all my detecting stuff as I needed the money, I have been without a detector all summer. I do not know the person who is letting me use the detector, he is not using it at this time and trusts me with it, he only knows me from reading my posts and feedback on the forums over the years.

Oops!!! Sorry Curbdog, miss read your post, I thought that you said that I had multiple detectors, sorry about that.

Its a relic machine. It only discs out iron. Its very good at picking out non ferrous from iron. If you take it into a trash filled park, you will be digging up everything above iron. Tiny pcs of aluminum, gold, tiny pieces of aluminum, silver, tiny pieces of aluminum, copper, etc. Get the message? LOL. Its a great machine in iron, its not your average park machine!

I would think it more suitable to prospecting & kicking sand in other detectors VDI's:lol:

you may find this link interesting
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QRYk6rajN4

Took the DeepTech for a spin

I had a laptop to clean up for someone, ended up having to re-do it, decided to take the DeepTech Gold (DTG) with me so I could try it out after dropping the laptop off. It has been quite some time since I have detected and had alot of things on my mind between telling the person what I had to do with the laptop and all the things I wanted to remember about how I was going to set up & use the DTG. Anyways I dropped the laptop off and drove to a school and it quickly came to me when I arrived at the school that I forgot my digger/trowel. Fortunately the school lad a tot lot with wood chips. I was really surprised how tiny the objects were that the DTG found. Not sure what they were but I found a few tiny pink pieces of some kind of jewelry or whatever it was that was so small and light that it blew out of my hand and there was little to no wind. Not taking anything away from the Compadre but it did hit as well on jewelry and small link chains. For me being a beep & dig everything above a nail kind of guy it is a great detector, for those that like to only dig coins and very little other stuff it might not be your cup of tea,that being said it will knock out everything under a nickel with the disc. at max. I was using the small DD coil and had no problem pinpointing with it but if it had a threshold based all metal mode it would be even better. I need to get me a spare digger/trowel and keep it in the car, couldn't believe that I forgot to bring it with me today. Will give more thoughts on the DTG when I get a chance to try it in the dirt. He sent me the DTG with three coils just like the one's in the picture.

Attachments

• vista smart coils available sizes (Small).JPG
    vista smart coils available sizes (Small).JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 1,862
Not the type of machine I would want to use when hunting for silver coins. I owned the Tejon, and now the V3i, both can run at high frequencies. You never realize how many tiny pieces of shredded gum wrappers there are in the dirt until you use one of these very sensitive machines.

I used the Tejon and use the V3i in 22khz mode only at the dry sand on beaches, one of the few machines that will pick up a thin gold chain at 4 inches.

Back
Top Bottom