• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Saturday Morning Silver

diggin4clad

Elite Member
The weather forecast called for thunderstorms and rain showers so I was out the door at 6AM and on my way to an old baseball field that I haven't hunted since 2011. When I got there, the old backstop was still standing but the infield was all overgrown and the bases were gone. Instead, there were four soccer nets on what used to be the outfield. I had two hours and fifteen minutes to hunt before having to leave for work so I made the most of it, digging 41 clad coins worth $6.74 and a 1946 silver Roosevelt Dime...….by coincidence my birth year.

Attachments

• IMG_0429.JPG
    IMG_0429.JPG
    130 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0428.JPG
    IMG_0428.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 281
Very nice haul of the claddy, and a great first year Rosie! Great to hear you can still get up and down to pull those goodies out!

Gotta love when a little silver brightens your day, and nice clad haul too, congrats!
Thanks Jeff, the silver Rosie was a nice surprise.....

Congrats on the silver and clad.

HD
Thanks HDM......

Well Ed that means you and that Rosie had birth that year. Congrats on a nice clad count and putting a Silver into the coffers. Trapper
Thanks Trapper.....

Very nice haul of the claddy, and a great first year Rosie! Great to hear you can still get up and down to pull those goodies out!
Thanks, I'm fortunate to still have good health at this point in my life...….

Congrats on a good hunt. After a very long inactive period I am finally starting to hunt again. I too am an older guy and hit the clad sites. Sure hope this heat and humidity soon ends.

Congrats on a good hunt. After a very long inactive period I am finally starting to hunt again. I too am an older guy and hit the clad sites. Sure hope this heat and humidity soon ends.
Thanks bubbaron…..I'm with you on the heat and humidity thing. I can't wait for the cooler weather so I can lengthen my hunt times and not come home sweating bullets.

Nice little silver rosie and lots of clad as well. Good work.
Thanks Estim8tor.....It was a pretty good hunt even with the high humidity and limited time.

Nice clad quarter ratio there! I do not mind digging clad quarters at all, not in the slightest bit. Congrats on the silver!

Back
Top Bottom