Semi-Key Cleaning?

Azmodeus

Diggin In Illinois
Forum Supporter
Still killing it with the 15" on the Nox. Today I pulled this Barber half from the old infield at the fairgrounds. Normally I just give my silvers a hard scrub with soap/water or toss them in the tumbler and/or rub them down a bit with baking soda paste. But this one seems to be a fairly low mintage of 924k and has super nice details with full liberty so I want to clean it up a bit but not take value away. Atleast get some of that black color off of it. I know everyone's going to say just leave it alone, but I don't want to. :p I know Goes4Ever and a few others here have very carefully cleaned key date coins and even gotten them to come back slabbed without being tagged as "cleaned". Just wondering what would be a few of those methods. Just water/toothpick? How about those Andre's pencils, do they leave fine scratches all over? Olive oil? Feedback from anyone who's done it would be appreciated and any before/after pics.

Attachments

• barb1.jpg
    barb1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 86
  • barb2.jpg
    barb2.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 92
WOW ! Awesome save. The detail on that Barber is great. I can't attest to whether it leaves microscopic scratches or not but I use Zymol cleaner wax on silver, just rubbing it between my fingers and it seem to clean up pretty nice. Good luck Mark

Back
Top Bottom