Good Karma w/ fellow FMDF member

markinswpa

Forum Supporter
I met up with Fred aka Waveoff for a hunt in a city park he's been hunting. As soon as my coil hit the ground I said I got a nickel here. And nickels all around it seemed for the rest of the day. Fred drew first blood when he showed me a clump with a silver rim in it. I hit a couple of deep wheaties and Fred said he had another, showed me a Merc. I said you're 2/3rds on your way to a trifecta. I got a nice high tone with numbers in the 30s on the 800 and dug my first and only silver or the day a rosie, next signal a 25-26 a charm/token that said good karma. That put a smile on my face and I hope the karma sticks. I saw Fred talking to a guy in a grey pickup and figured it was the local Barney trying to get all territorial on us. Now this guy is a renta-cop who's off duty and no business to tell us what we can and can't do. The guy tries to intimidate you,but he was wise not to get out of his truck, Fred kinda looks like an NFL line backer who could hold his own. So he left and the hunt continued. I dug a decent amount of clad and Fred showed me a seated dime he had dug. AWESOME- trifecta ! I said if you can find a Barber that would be the slam and in a old city park like this that would epic as this place has been hunted hard for years. Fred was also using th EQ 800. This one area we pulled out 30 nickels, They seemed to be right along a trail with a heavy amount of deer poop. I commented maybe the deer a dropping these nickels. I dug my first Buff fty (toasted) and Fred dug a couple w/ a V or two and a ton of clad Jeffs. All in all a great hunt, good karma coming in the way of making a new friend, adding to the silver and wheatie count and just being able to hunt in January. Life is grand. I look forward to meeting up and hunting with Fred again. HH to all Mark

Attachments

• 20190107_210800 (2).jpg
    20190107_210800 (2).jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 168
Congrats on a great outing for you both. Glad you got to meet up with Fred. He may appear as a NFL linebacker but he seems to be a gentile giant teddy bear on the forum. He does know his way around the dirt with the detector as do you. In the future so you could make a fine team Trapper

Great hunting with you Mark! You had me laughing the rest of the day thinking about the deer pooping out nickels!:lol: It sure seemed that way though! One of these days one of those nickel signals will be a gold coin. You should attach that good karma charm to your detector. When you showed it to me it looked really familiar. I just now remembered that my girlfriend and I were walking out of a restaurant a month ago when I spied something shiny on the ground. It was that same charm.:) I left it on the windowsill of the restaurant hoping it would bring me good karma for not keeping it.:lol: And as far as looking like a linebacker, that's just my permanent winter fat attached to my 6'2" frame.:D

I look forward to hunting with you again soon Mark!

Sounds like you 2 has a great day, congrats!
Absolutely,just able to get out, find silver in a pounded park, yes sir a great day. HH Mark

You guys are already killing it this year! Nice job
Tom thanks but it looks for now our season is over too as old man winter return tonight. HH Mark

Congrats on a great outing for you both. Glad you got to meet up with Fred. He may appear as a NFL linebacker but he seems to be a gentile giant teddy bear on the forum. He does know his way around the dirt with the detector as do you. In the future so you could make a fine team Trapper
Jack thanks. And you are correct, Fred is a very nice guy and quite proficient with the Equinox. Me, maybe not so much, I mozy-poke around at my own speed, seems when I partner up for a hunt I usually get out hunted but thats ok, I'm not in a race, just enjoy digging a little history and the anticipation of what the next signal will be. I hope it will be the first of many hunts with him this year. Mark

Great hunting with you Mark! You had me laughing the rest of the day thinking about the deer pooping out nickels!:lol: It sure seemed that way though! One of these days one of those nickel signals will be a gold coin. You should attach that good karma charm to your detector. When you showed it to me it looked really familiar. I just now remembered that my girlfriend and I were walking out of a restaurant a month ago when I spied something shiny on the ground. It was that same charm.:) I left it on the windowsill of the restaurant hoping it would bring me good karma for not keeping it.:lol: And as far as looking like a linebacker, that's just my permanent winter fat attached to my 6'2" frame.:D

I look forward to hunting with you again soon Mark!
Fred thanks, kinda makes ya think what them deer was eatin, maybe dimes and they were making change. LOL Thats a good idea with the charm. had a little good karma today as when I saw how warm it was I ran out to a local permission for about 2 hrs, before that rain hit, dug 2 wheats and 2 Rosies.
And by the way I wasn't implying you were fat, just a rather large fellow. Ha ha. Hope you got out today. HH Mark

Fred thanks, kinda makes ya think what them deer was eatin, maybe dimes and they were making change. LOL Thats a good idea with the charm. had a little good karma today as when I saw how warm it was I ran out to a local permission for about 2 hrs, before that rain hit, dug 2 wheats and 2 Rosies.
And by the way I wasn't implying you were fat, just a rather large fellow. Ha ha. Hope you got out today. HH Mark

We need to find a park where they're pooping out silver and gold!:lol: Congrats on finding two Rosies today. You did better than me. I found 5 wheats and one Rosie at a park close to my house just before the rain moved in this afternoon.

I know you weren't implying I'm fat.:lol: I was definitely implying that I am though! Haha:lol:

Back
Top Bottom