First silver #1-#2 of 2019

longbow62

Forum Supporter
My Nox 800 has a dead screen and has been sent to the Minelab service center. I used my Nokta Impact with the small coil yesterday and got discouraged and went home. Today I hit a place I have hit several times in the past with the Impact, but never with the small coil. It's a piece of ground first settled in the late 1800's. I have yet to find anything old there probably because the spot where the oldest structures were has a large house on it now. On another part of the property I have found one Mercury dime, mostly old clad where a house once stood that was built in the early 1950's. There is another spot where a barn once stood and I spent most of my time there today. I had hit this spot with the stock coil on the Impact numerous times before but don't think I ever found a coin until today. I got a good dime beep after about thirty minutes of digging very good sounding trash. It was solid all the way 360 degrees around 80-81 VID and shallow. It turned out to be 1953 Rosie. I was Hoping for older, but first silver of 2019 regardless.

Next was something interesting to me, and I still am not sure I have figured out what was going on. So after digging a few more iffy and not so iffy sounding trash targets I got a good sounding beep that was 88-90 VID. I pinpointed and dug it. I probed a very large nail out of the hole thinking what is this. I swung back over the center of the hole and got nothing so I filled in the hole which was not very big around and started swinging around it and still had the quarter signal. Evidently when pinpointing I pinpointed the nail not the quarter as they were very close together. The signal was now strongest north of the previous hole right on the edge. So I dig again and this time I pop out a 1950 silver Washington.

All I can figure is the nail and the quarter were close enough together that I actually pinpointed the nail the first time. I am wondering now if I have done this before and covered up a good target and walked away. I found my first Standing Liberty quarter in a situation similar to this not long ago when I pulled several large and small nails out of the hole before I found the quarter deeper and in the side of the hole. Anyway the two silvers were all I found where the barn had been. I moved down to where the 50's house had stood and found the rest of the coins in the photo.

Oh and the weather was fantastic today! Must have hit at least 60 degrees.

Attachments

• First silvers 2019.jpg
    First silvers 2019.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 128
Back
Top Bottom