Where is the best place to sell gold bullion quickly and fairly

needler420

Elite Member
If I'm unable to find a private buyer would the ARA be my best bet?

I'm trying to sell some bullion for almost a year just around spot price and no ones wants this stuff.

It looks cool but I think I was way too small scale to have strayed away from fiat currency.

I know pawn shops and jewelery places aren't even an option unless I want to get ripped off. Its kind of funny when you say and have a spot price yet no one goes by it.

Is the ARA actually going to be my best bet? I always thought I could do better as I thought they dealt with precious metals scraps. Never thought I would send them whole bullion bars for 99% of spot price. Then I realized from what I heard if they pay 99% of spot value that's about as good as you'll get any where even in private sales. I can't imagine even getting a premium back.

With prices so volatile people aren't even willing to pay spot any more everyone wants under spot.

Well they pay out 98% of spot price but you also have to pay for shipping and if you want it insured just in case it gets lost in the mail. So really your getting a few % less than the 98% after you add in what you paid for shipping and insurance. THEN you have to wait about a week or 2 to get it back and its a check.

If I were you I would sell it on here for a little less that what you would get from ARA with free shipping and except money orders or paypal as gift option. I bet people will bite then...

Good Luck!

What would it cost to ship something USPS with about $250 insurance.

I've never shipped with insurance before because I always sell things under a $100 value. Also I can't sell it on here. I been trying to sell it on here for over a year always at current spot price. No one wants it since it doesn't have an assay card.

I've never shipped with insurance before because I always sell things under a $100 value. Also I can't sell it on here. I been trying to sell it on here for over a year always at current spot price. No one wants it since it doesn't have an assay card.

Iam pretty sure UPS insurance is $1 for every $100. how much does it weigh?

Iam pretty sure UPS insurance is $1 for every $100. how much does it weigh?

Weighs as much as I let the packaging weigh.

Its 5 gram gold engelhard bar so packaging will weigh more.

Also UPS isn't a carrier I can use, it would have to be USPS most likely. Its a trip for me to get the nearest UPS drop off boxes.

It will probably cost me more in gas and time to use UPS vs just paying the USPS rates depending on what they are. With gold up right now its seems the best way to go. I should barely take a loss from what I paid almost 2 years.

Which is another reason why it was a waste. I'm selling at a loss and when you posse so little its still worthless unless you're large scale. I mean even if I didn't sell at a loss and it was a profit it would be so small I would still call it a waste of time. Precious metals isn't meant for Joe the plumber past a novelty.

Well This is just a quote from USPS website using my zip code ( Im in Florida also ) to aragolds zipcode, I don't know the weight so I put 5 ounces and put in the insurance amount. So for First Class Mail at 5 ounces going from Florida to ARA insured is gonna be around $7

Priority Mail flat rate will be around $10..

So its not to bad..

Well This is just a quote from USPS website using my zip code ( Im in Florida also ) to aragolds zipcode, I don't know the weight so I put 5 ounces and put in the insurance amount. So for First Class Mail at 5 ounces going from Florida to ARA insured is gonna be around $7

Priority Mail flat rate will be around $10..

So its not to bad..

Great info JB! :yes: I am ready to pull the trigger! ;)

Hi there.

I certainly can empathize with you as I am no hedge fund manager either.

But with all the economic uncertainty in this country is 5g of gold too much to sit on?

I'm not in the "US Dollar" could collapse tomorrow crowd, but do believe it is debasing very quickly and this bull run that gold is on is still in the 1st stage of 3. We are 16t in debt and expected to be at 20t in debt by 2016 no matter who gets elected this year.

Those that got into gold under $1,000oz are in it for a safe investment return. At this point, these prices the reason for owning gold is as insurance.

You insure your car, house, health,......why not insure your savings?

I know $250 can easily be a lot of money to the majority of people and I fully agree but if your looking at a loss, and finding it this difficult to move the bar then just keep it and consider it a safety net in case SHTF.

g/l

I couldn't have said it better myself. If you don't need the money right now. Sit on it until shtf.

HH&GL

If i didnt just spend up for the time being id buy it...i have the cash but right now its loaded into a treasure chest ion the form of halfs and dollars....three months ago id be all over this..i think 5g of pure gold is like what?...$370...if sold on fleabay it would net you about $320-$330

a lot of people dont mind outlaying $100 or so but when it gets upto that its going to be someone whose hard core collecting...which i said id be into but right now im tapped out

Back
Top Bottom