Fresh water vs salt water: i like salt water better I think.

beachdude

Elite Member
Well I have been in the cold lake water 3 times so far with my BHID since I got back from South Africa. At first it was kind of weird in the waders - I kept thinking they would spring a leak or something... But they seem to be keeping the cold water out.

I am finding stuff - a survival knife, some toonies ($2 Canadian coins), some subway tokens (they are worth $3 each here) and lots and lots of bits of random metal pieces - tin, blobs of aluminum etc. Also 2 junk kids rings.

My homemade sifter, the USS Enterprise, makes a reasonably good but wobbly camera platform too, although I have since built a smaller version, the Prometheus, that will be easier to carry on my bike rack.

You really get to appreciate the junk metal dissolving skillz of the ocean compared to fresh water...

I have seen a water area nearby that I have a really good feeling about. It is not currently a swimming beach, but from looking at old maps from the early 1900's it looks the same as it does now - no building or shoreline changes. It looks like it would have made a great place to swim on a hot summers day. Every time I cycle past it, I feel like I have to go get the BHID... That will be the next spot I hunt I think...

What are you using to stabalize your footage?

I play around with visual effects a bit. The new warp stabalizer in After Effects is pretty slick. Whatever you used did a pretty good job.

-lee

Nice video, makes me a little sea sick though. :lol:

Me too.. and I've NEVER gotten seasick before with 25+ years on boats fishing the atlantic. 15-17' seas out at the Hudson canyon for a tuna trip and people were losing their guts while I was eating chili.

Cool video.

I like the camera mounted on the sifter angle! It's not always static and focused in one area. Didn't make me near as sea sick as Castle Wolfenstein (semi old video game).

Back
Top Bottom