David Blaine The magician

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
I have watched this guy a few times and he is great. I was wondering - is this guy that good or is it trick camera work. I have never seen a magician in real life but watch them on tv every chance I get, I eat that kind of stuff up.

I always wonder the same thing when I see any trick on TV. In person I'm still baffled by many magic acts I've seen. Especially those stupid card tricks. They get me all the time. The slight of hands stuff is the best in my mind. I know I'm being misdirected but cannot help but look at the wrong thing at the wrong time. I'm a perfect victim.

OT

When I lived in California, I went to the Magic Castle a few times. This is a restaurant and show facility run by magicians. In addition to a good meal and a show, they will come to your table and do 'close up' magic - sleight of hand that will leave you amazed. Great time. RickO

I got to see David Copperfield in Vegas once. What an amazing show! I even was chosen to be a part of a simple trick. I'll never tell the secret! But, it really is amazing to see some of the big illusions in person. I'm sure I was sitting there with my jaw dropped for a while.

I have been studying magic and illusions for several years. First rule of all magicians is " Never tell how it was done!". I have some jaw dropping :shock: tricks that I use in restaurants, Doctors office, or just about anywhere I go. Misdirection... yes, Forcing cards...yes, sleight of hand... you betcha. About a month ago, I went to my Doctor for a follow up after having my Gall Bladder removed. I did a disappearing sugar trick for the receptionist and the Doc. Needless to say, their jaws got dislocated. Doc asked me "Just how in the world did I do that". I told him, I'm not going to ask what kind of magic you used to take out the Gall Bladder, and left it at that. He just walked away shaking his head and talking to himself. It was priceless.

A lot of tricks done on tv, are re-edited before being shown to the public. Chris Angle is known for doing that. Magicians also use twins in their acts. Make one disappear here and appear over there, simple, just make her twin sister appear. In fact Houdini did that too. Circus performers make great assistants, especially the ones that are double jointed. What I'm telling you is something you can find on google, so it's not like I'm revealing trade secrets.

I hope this enlightens you. ;)

Back
Top Bottom