Keep my BH 505, or get a White?

Steeler1

Hi everyone.
I am don.  Near Pittsburgh Pa.  Was always interested in detecting, but only recently got a detector. I bought a pioneer 505. Not really knowing what I'm doing, I did find a few coins, but mostly junk. My question is, should I blame myself for lack of experience, or trade it in for a Matrix M6 or some other whites?   

There are historic mountains near me with alot of historic battles fought there.  My goal is to find pieces of history from there. Also, the usual coin,chains, etc from backyards, parks, etc.  I would also like to take it to the beaches when I take vacations.

Is the 505 a decent model?  Is the Matrix M6 alot better?

By the way, great website and people here.  I am so looking forward to becoming a part of this community. thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Hi Don. The M6 is a BIG upgrade from what you have. It may be some to do with your lack of experience and it as always the more experienced hunter who has the advantage but , your detector is a real beginner detector and isn't going to do more than what it is right now. The M6 and similar detectors are much better in thier finding ability. Let me know if you need any any more help in your decision. I'll be glad to help.
:yes:

Thanks for the reply.

Obviously being new, I want a relatively easy to use detector, but I want a real good one also. One that is good at pinpointing, as well as eliminating junk. One that would be good in the areas I described above.  The m6 seemed like a good one in my price range, but if you can recommend one that would better fit my needs, I'd certainly take your advice.

I know I'm new, but I don't want a beginner detector. I'd rather take some time learning a good detector, than waste my time on a detector I will outgrow in a few months. Money is not a problem. But I also would not want a ton of confusing, unnecessary features.

Again, thanks for any advice.

Don, I started with the 505 Bounty Hunter also then I upgraded to a White's MXT. The Bounty hunter is fine as i still use mine for backup. The MXT on the other hand is a whole different machine. It has coin/jewelry mode, relic mode and prospecting mode. It also has a switch for salt beaches. I am happy overall with it's performance doesn't seem to go as deep as I would like but that could just be me being new to it. Any Whites machine you would choose should do you fine to start, some have greater learning curves then others i hear. Good luck!!

Back
Top Bottom