Whites dfx xlt mxt

Steve12385

Well I thought I had made up my mind to buy a minelab ex 2 But after days of reading articles on the internet I think I will go with one of the whites models or maybe one from the garrett line . I wish I could buy one of each because I just don't know which one to get. I'm just wondering what kind of experiences any of you had had with these detectors. I've only been detecting for a year mainly searching for coins and jewelry in parks and old home sites in Wisconsin. Also I thought I read something about power lines affecting the whites models. Anyone have problems with this. Thanks a lot, I really appreciate all the help with all the posts on this website. Steve

Hi Steve. Power lines affect all detectors with 60 cycle interference to some degree. If they are close in output it affects them more. I've used all the detectors currently on the market. I feel the EXII is the best overall but is a bit more difficult pinpointing wise. A bit heavier as well as harder to understand sometimes with its readings. The Whites DFX is just below it but has better pinpoiting capabilties and more accessory choices and right now is the better value with Whites offering you 200.00 in your choice of accessories.

Hi Steve

My hunting partner has a DFX and a few times we hunted near power lines his machine got very noisy where as myself hunting with the MXT I heard nothing from the power lines... I'm not talking the power lines along roads, I'm talking those big ones that run from the power stations... The DFX is a great detector its great at finding rings and old silver deep... And its very stable on wet salt beaches.

I have the MXT and love it, but I wouldn't mind having the DFX. If you have the option to get the DFX, then get it.

Steve, you will find good points, and bad points with all these machines. Any one will be a great machine for you. The only time I have any problem with my DFX, is when I'm in close proximity to loose tie wires on an insulator on the power line. Same interferrence as if you had the radio set to AM. I move over away from it and it goes away. But this is pretty rare.

The MXT is a great machine for coins and jewelry. Works great on gold.
I've hunted right under the High Voltage power lines with it (and a DD coil) and haven't had any problems.

I think that you need to make a decision made on all the factors that have an effect on what your style of hunting is.

For example: Although the EX is reputedly the "turf king" for deep silver, I find it to be too heavy for me and it requires that it be swept too slowly for my liking.

Back
Top Bottom