ACE 250 or FISHER 1236-x2

bullofspadez

I know its nearly $100 difference in price but i would like to know if anyone has used both of these and can tell me the good, bad and main differences. As far as getting an Ace to start out with and maybe getting a different coil depending on a situation or would the fisher save me from adding on parts to the ace.

The only accesories you really need are headphones , coil cover and a good digger. Some detectors come with coil covers, but I don't think either of those do. No matter what detector you get you may want to get other coils later, but they are not neccesary. I think the performance of the 1236X is better but it doesn't have target ID or some other features like the Garrett, it would depend on whether or not you feel you need these features.

Although I own an ACE, I would probably have to say that the Fisher would be a better machine, but also a lot heavier and not so easy to learn to use.
The Fisher would also be a more robust machine.

The Fisher is not as fully featured but has had the edge whenever I have tried one and its suprisingly good on the wet sand where the Garrett is not happy.

I don't want to sound biased, but...

ACE 250 ACE 250 ACE 250 ACE 250 ACE 250 ACE 250 ACE 250 ACE 250

I don't want to sound biased, but...

ACE 250 ACE 250 ACE 250 ACE 250 ACE 250 ACE 250 ACE 250 ACE 250

I'd get the MXT, oh wait, never mind... :P Seriously though, you have to ask yourself what is the better features you're looking for. Personally I think I'd go with the Fisher, but be prepared to be frustrated at first. It will take time to learn a machine with less easy to use features, but one that may provide better depth and target detection.

I own both having t he 1236x2 first and getting the ace250 not a month ago. I luv my 1236x2 shes a non id discrm machine with non motion pinpointing and she goes deep i mean 10 inch dimes 12 inch pennys etc. The discrim knob has 1 to 10 now what does each number really discrm out.Testing shows what it kills at each number setting. Be prepared to dig and the sens is so high you have to reign it in say 3 to 4 for most work. In an open area no tras per se crank her up to 8 sens and bring a good shovel. With that said my yeaal fella 250 is like a dream come true.TID 3 TONE and pinpoint all in that price.I luv it as my first detector in this arena. She has good depth 8"for dimes small earrings etc. Full notchable discrm is great kill only the tings you dont wanna hear.So many good things about this unit i cant say enough.She is NOT as deep as the 1236x2 but ill live with 8" finds and the quickness of the info to decide on a dig or not. Side by side both units find equally well just a decesion as to which for deeper but the 1236x2 does go way deeper and is harder to reign in to use at a comfortable level unless you practice practice practice.
P.S. glad you got the 250 first.....Later look towards the mxt xlt line they seem to be the best programmable types out there.

Back
Top Bottom