Pin Pointer

WormMurderer

Anyone here try a Little Wizard metal detector used for lumber as a pinpointer. I read it somewhere on a personal website. They cost 15.00 bucks. Was wondering if they were any good for what we are doing. I went ahead and bought one off E-bay figured what the heck if it's no good it was only 15.00 and I'm sure one of my friends could use it for it's intended use.

That's the one that looks like a big razor, right? I bought a tiny-tec ultra but I admit I don't use it much.

I used mine almost daily. Well worth the money. Its especially good in sand and where there is a lot of dirt removed. It with sound off to about 2". Mine lasted a couple of years. I now use a vibrapro, and to tell you the truth i could find targets faster with the wizzard. Not to mention it doesnt affect the detector with EMI like the vibrapro. It gets a big thumbs up from me.

I used mine almost daily. Well worth the money. Its especially good in sand and where there is a lot of dirt removed. It with sound off to about 2". Mine lasted a couple of years. I now use a vibrapro, and to tell you the truth i could find targets faster with the wizzard. Not to mention it doesnt affect the detector with EMI like the vibrapro. It gets a big thumbs up from me.

Kewl!!! Thanks Dewcon. Makes me feel better about my 15.00 investment.

I happened to buy mine from Harbor Freight. Like i said i used mine daily. I happened to know about them because i used them in woodworking to find nails in boards. I liked the depth and it didnt affect the detector when on. I just used the corner of it most of the time. If you want a cheap pinpointer i dont think you could get a better one.

WormMurderer
Have you had a chance to use the little wizard yet? what's your thoughts???

WormMurderer
Have you had a chance to use the little wizard yet? what's your thoughts???

The detecting area is a little wide, about 2 1/2", this kind of forces you to manipulate it around in a smaller whole to pinpoint the area. DEFINENTLY worth the 15.00 dollars though. I'm satisfied with it for the money I spent on it. If I had spent a 100.00 dollars on it, i'd be upset, but for 15.00 I'm pretty darn impressed. It's accurate and detects down to about 2 inches.

A little tip if you are thinking about getting one, use the corners of the detecting area to pinpoint with. On a 1-10 scale I give it a 6 1/2 .

Does anyone know of a retail chain that carries the Wizard? I've tried several Home Depot, Lowes and Harbor Freight stores in Texas with no luck.

Thanks, I'll try Amazon. I was trying to find one locally but it looks like I'm going to have to order one. If I'd ordered it when I first started looking I'd have it by now.

Back
Top Bottom