Saw this shovel at Wal-Mart today

papaharley03

Forum Supporter
They had a display of Black and Decker garden tools. I've never seen these at Wal-Mart before.

Attachments

• IMG_3702.jpg
    IMG_3702.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,057
Last edited:
Likely the most overlooked, affordable shovel out there. The Dollar store line also sells these for 8-10 dollars.

WalMarts does give a great free replacement guarantee though. Several of my friends have and still use these.

martin

Yeah, I know Harbor Freight has a version also. Just had never seen these in Wally World before and thought it might be useful to someone looking for one.

Stopped by my local WM today, they didn't have it. But they are beginning to stock the spring merchandise. They did have a drain spade for $23.95.

Harbour freight sells those for around 10 bucks plus you can use the 20% off coupon and a super coupon to get a headlamp or screwdriver set for free with any purchase plus HF will take turns of broken glass too.

Yeah, I know Harbor Freight has a version also. Just had never seen these in Wally World before and thought it might be useful to someone looking for one.

A hunt buddy of mine has used the Black and Decker from WalMarts for years. There's lots more WalMart outlets than HF, and WalMarts is easy for replacemens when one breaks. I'd buy two right from the git-go. One breaks,,,and they will in time,,,remember to take it back to Walmart. If your like me, I hit the WalMarts lots more than I would HF.

Just got the same thing at lowes for $9.99. Can't wait to try it for my first ever MDing adventure. Weather start cooperating !

Had two of these kind of shovels. Fist ones handle would bow at the sides and caused me to slip while digging. Bought a second one with a sturdier handle and the shovel part bent in about two digs. Gave up on them and got a Lesche.

Had two of these kind of shovels. Fist ones handle would bow at the sides and caused me to slip while digging. Bought a second one with a sturdier handle and the shovel part bent in about two digs. Gave up on them and got a Lesche.
I agree 100%. None of that cheap Chinese !!!! from Walmart will last, based on my experiences. I also won't take anything larger than my Lesche into a park. Just doesn't look good.

I agree 100%. None of that cheap Chinese !!!! from Walmart will last, based on my experiences. I also won't take anything larger than my Lesche into a park. Just doesn't look good.

While I'm sure you are correct about it being cheaply made and prone to breakage, this was actually branded Black and Decker. I know... they are not the brand of quality tools they used to be. My point being, this isn't a Wal-Mart exclusive as I have seen these shovels sold elsewhere under different brand names.

This is not a park shovel and I don't advocate nor would I take something that size into a park. There are a lot of relic hunters who go on private property or out in the wooded areas and this might be of interest to them. I've seen one of the Harbor Freight ones being used in Garrett's online videos.

These are at Harbor Freight. They are called the Mini Shovel. 27" long, light as a feather and quite strong. For $7.99.

And YES, I use it in parks. No one has ever raised a challenge or eyebrow. I can dig a nice clean plug, find my target and have eveything filled and nicely camouflaged in less time than any other digger I have tried.

I love it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 865
So, I used this on last year and had zero issues so far. Have not noticed any flexing, it's MADE IN USA, and I paid less than $20.00, it took me 20 minutes to cut it down. I even used it for two frozen holes in December until I got fed up with the frozen ground and went in. I saw it was a Menards Masterforce brand and was unsure, but like I said being under 20 and made in USA, I thought I'd try it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 763
My local v ennys had a drain spade for 12.99 looked nice red shaft fairly light as well

Back
Top Bottom