DigFellas is not a good one to watch

kwo123

Elite Member
Ok so tried watch this show tonight but these guys are annoying and the show is horrible.

1)They don't even wear headphones.

2)They make it look like they are just taking off and entering property without caring who owns it. We don't do that guys.

3)Ok so in the canoe they had waders on(dangerous incase it tips over) and they didn't have life jackets on or in the canoe. That dangerous and breaking the law.

4)Overall they are annoying and I cannot stand the younger guy. Older guy isn't so bad I guess

Since I didn't watch the rest of the show because I couldn't stand it any longer please add your thoughts.

Sounds pretty bogus like most of the rest of them. I have not seen it down here in Texas but i'll take your word for it.

I've been watching Bill and Howard on Youtube for a few years. I can assure you that they are indeed dedicated to the hobby. Bill's accent is his signature. The problem is not the guys swinging the detector. The problem is TV directors and producers trying to put something into it that doesn't belong there. Entertainment for people that don't detect.

I've known Bill & Howard for a few years on youtube, Bill in specific. I've been watching since late 2008 to early 09, right when they started off and had like 200 views and like 50 subscribers. Anyways, I didn't like AT ALL that they didn't mention about covering up their holes, and when they got the stuff appraised they put the vales up. Metal detecting should not be promoted as a money making hobby, it should be a hobby and that only, not "Oh your going to go out and find all this !!!! and make money!!!" Yeah, no. Not all the time.
You gotta dig a lot of !!!! to get to even something decent like a wheat or a silver coin, if that.

I ask for them to at least mention covering their holes, a old town next to me that had like 200 houses back in the 1800's and has a lot of history, basically denied permission for anyone to detect the parks because some idiot went around digging damn holes everywhere and didn't cover them up.

I've been watching Bill and Howard on Youtube for a few years. I can assure you that they are indeed dedicated to the hobby. Bill's accent is his signature. The problem is not the guys swinging the detector. The problem is TV directors and producers trying to put something into it that doesn't belong there. Entertainment for people that don't detect.

I agree with you I've seen them both on YouTube as well and they seem to be into it. Yea it's not them it's the money.

His accent is what drives me up a wall. Sorry just my opinion.

They pull targets that are actually stuck in the soil and its showing them cleaning up after themselves. They have strong accents but I'm from Minnesota and have been crapped on because of my accent. I'm giving the show two thumbs up.

My kids love Diggers. This one they won't watch. I wish that I kept track of how many times he said, What the hell is that?

Accent aside, it's not kid friendly. I'd rather hear stupid lingo than beeps from foul language. I can curse like a sailor too, but not around my kids.

Complaining here does no good, but

All you have to do is write a letter to the companies who sponsor the show and tell them that a show offends you and that you will not purchase their product as long as they continue to fund the show.
The only reason that any show exists is to bring in revenue for the sponsors. If they feel that a show is driving business away, they will drop it like a hot potato.
HH,
John Morton

Oh, I absolutely loved how the random piece of wood with a large nail in it was worth $200-$300!! Where can I buy one of these? :roll:

I have watched all the metal detecting shows on TV and I would say this show is not bad. I actually enjoyed it. I don't understand why everyone talks bad about these shows. I like to see a hobby I love mixed with some entertainment and humor. The worst show was the one with the wrestler guy, that show was HORRIBLE and unwatchable. You WILL NEVER see a show for metal detecting where all they show is someone digging junk 75% of the time and not looking up from the ground with headphones on and not interacting with the camera. That will never happen. I don't think you can go into these shows with that expectation. It is TV, NOTHING on TV is represented 100% accurately, not even the news. I do give this show some credit though, they DID show them covering up their holes and the one guy, "Bill", actually said "we leave the place better than how we found it". Also, I like the fact that they don't wear headphones because the camera actually picks up the real sound the detector is making at the moment. All the other shows edit in metal detector sounds and most of time the sound doesn't even match with what they are showing. I have seen on Digg Wars when they show the angle pointing down the shaft at the coil and the coil doesnt even match the detector that person is swinging and on Diggers they will show a 5"x8" coil when the person they are talking to is actually using the bigger 8.5"x11". So far, I would say this show is the most realistic one yet. The one thing I really don't like is that they assign everything a monetary value. I would say the only thing they should assign a value to are coins.

Go ahead, let the negative replies begin...:roll:

I have seen their youtube videos. I appreciate their enthusiasm and excitement.

The accent is tough but I'm from the south without much room to talk, I'm sure.

All you have to do is write a letter to the companies who sponsor the show and tell them that a show offends you and that you will not purchase their product as long as they continue to fund the show.
The only reason that any show exists is to bring in revenue for the sponsors. If they feel that a show is driving business away, they will drop it like a hot potato.
HH,
John Morton

Here's the problem with doing this. Unless you hear "This show sponsored in part by (insert sponsor name here)", the sponsor you see has nothing to do with the show. None at all.

Here's how it works. Syndicators call almost daily trying to push a show on us. There are some extremely crappy independent reality shows out there too. Distributors also try to sell us a show that is attached to a show we might be currently running.

Anyway, let's say we buy a show from Joe Blow Distribution who in turn bought the show from some independent production company. When we receive an episode to air, most of the time they come with "barter spots". These are commercials provided to Joe Blow Distribution to insert into some of the shows they purchased. These shows also come with black holes. These black holes are for commercials that are aired by either a local station or a cable network. So nationwide, even though you see the same show, the commercials you see can vary wildly. The only ones that are the same are the "barter spots".

The ONLY way to take on shows like this is to go after the network. Other than that, unless you have a Nielsen box attached to your television, not watching won't matter at all. The network who invested in the show won't want to continue the investment if nobody wants to see it. Sponsors won't want to keep throwing money at a show nobody wants to see.

Email the Travel Channel.

Back
Top Bottom