storage rack

slag

Elite Member
I'm needing to build or buy a storage rack to hang my detectors in the basement office. Requirements are that it hold the detector with the coil down and I don't have to attach anything to the detector. I don't want it to be too ghetto either like a couple nails spread like a V to hold the detector and the detector has to be off the ground.

Suggestions? I've perused a few other posts here, but they don't seem to fit what I'm wanting.

I'm envisioning something hanging that I can lift my detector up to, and then slide it down and have it lock into place. I don't want the coil to have to slide into a slot though, it has to be a one piece design that mounts up high for the detector to fit in. Also I tend to hang my headphones on the detector as well as pinpointers and other things, so that might rule out something that grips to the shaft or handle. That basically leaves something that interfaces with the cuff.

Look for the mop holders, they screw into the wall, and clip onto the pole. I bought mine at Lowe's.

Will something homemade like this work?

Attachments

• url-1.jpeg
    url-1.jpeg
    42.2 KB · Views: 4,345
  • url-3.jpeg
    url-3.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 4,505
Last edited:
Here's mine cheap but effective,got the hangers at Ace Hardware.

Attachments

• 100_1105.jpg
    100_1105.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 3,092
  • 100_1106.jpg
    100_1106.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 3,046

Attachments

• IMAG0477.jpg
    IMAG0477.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 3,412
Rich, I don't think yours will work for me since the Etrac isn't set up like your standard tesoro or fisher.

DetectingMO's idea might be the best, but doesn't look sturdy enough, i.e. if you jostle the detector, it might fall down. JBEXPRESS, nice design, but huge..

Rich, I don't think yours will work for me since the Etrac isn't set up like your standard tesoro or fisher.

DetectingMO's idea might be the best, but doesn't look sturdy enough, i.e. if you jostle the detector, it might fall down. JBEXPRESS, nice design, but huge..

I dont think you have to make it stick out as far as that design. BUt I do like some of the ideas on here.

Went to Ace and found some nice hooks for 99 cents each. Also had this red oak plywood I wasn't using, so I mocked something up and hung it up and it works. I need to take it down, fill in a couple holes, stain it, paint the hooks black, put it back up and voila, my man cave will have a place for my detectors.

The F2 and Etrac are upstairs still. I left room to the right for when I get a tesoro or I can screw hooks into them and hang my belt and/or headphones.

In all probability, since I'm lazy as hell, the above finishing will never happen and it is here to stay. Meh...

luEDA59.jpg

For security you can always get a trimmer rack that locks. If you're robbed it might deter someone from taking those too. I tried attaching a picture.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 3,168
I have insurance. If I am robbed I want new detectors. Take everything but the dog. Love is love.

I used to hang them on the curtain rods by placing the coil behind it. Worked fine. Of course they were closed so no one could see them from outside. How about a towel rack?
TRK.JPG

Looks good to me let me know if you find a good utility belt setup got my Sampson shovel and some nugget buster headphones today they feel better than those others I had and they stay on.

I ended up going to Einsteins in Topeka and buying a belt there along with canteen holder that works great for me. Now I want to make a lesche sheathe to hold the lesche and propointer.

I don't have a pic, and I realize this is an older thread, but I bought a garage storage rack at Lowe's that works GREAT!
It utilizes a rubber "roller ball" and gravity to hold the detector in place.
I just lift my detector up into the slot of the rack and as you drop the detector down, the "ball" grabs the detector shaft and the weight of the detector locks it into place.
I can store four detectors, and accessories with no problem.
And it looks good too!
The rack is a little over three feet in length and takes four screws to mount to the wall.
Check it out!
Since I didn't have a pic I found a link to the exact same one (except mine was black!).
This really has been the best thing I have found for storing my detectors!!!

http://www.bizchair.com/gjo12504-sp...edium=Comparison&utm_campaign=Google Shopping

And here is a smaller unit, of the same style, from Amazon.com, in case you didn't need the longer one:

http://www.amazon.com/Wall-Mounted-Tool-Rack-Broom-Holder/dp/B0001ZL6J8

Back
Top Bottom