planting multitool and bulb planting tool... good for MD and good deals?

Aneurism

Here are some items available for purchase at Canadian Tire (hardware store).
I have seen similar tools as the Versa planter being sold on MD sites... As well as something similar to the bulb planter being sold as a device to pull up plugs in one piece. I'm just wondering are these a good buy for MD'ing? (Canadian dollar is approximately on par with US dollar right now)

www.canadiantire.ca

Jackson 7-in-1 Versa Planter

$24.99

Product #59-2775-6

Hand Bulb Planter

$3.99

Product #59-8201-6

Attachments

• versa planter.jpg
    versa planter.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 1,519
  • bulb planter.jpg
    bulb planter.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 521
Ahh I miss Canadian Tire... Nothing like it down here in Texas.

The Jackson tool is sold under many brand names here in the U.S. Aames is one in particular for $10-$14. The sheath is almost never included for that price though.

The bulb planting tool seems like a good plug cutter. Has anyone tried this?
I am going to have to get a little pull along cart to haul all these "timesavers".

SpookyDad

Some years ago I tried one and it all but collapsed in the Az hard dirt. So I attached this steel reinforcement on both sides and it works great. Only thing is the dirt falls out as it's usually too dry to hold together. But back east/up north this reinforced one should be perfect. steve in so az

Attachments

• bulb planter.jpg
    bulb planter.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 450
Reinforcement

Some years ago I tried one and it all but collapsed in the Az hard dirt. So I attached this steel reinforcement on both sides and it works great. Only thing is the dirt falls out as it's usually too dry to hold together. But back east/up north this reinforced one should be perfect. steve in so az

Good idea, I have used one and it works great as long as you don't twist to hard. I have had to straighten mine out a few times but I will try your design,

Back
Top Bottom