What's the skinny on the different Wizard Vib-Probes ?

ToddB64

Elite Member
I've been looking at the Wizard Vib-Probe (Pistol shaped) on various websites
and it appears there are several different models. Colors, probe length & prices all vary. One is designated as the Wizard Vib-Probe ll , but the others are just plain Wizard Vib-Probe.

One is bright yellow, one black and another light orange or salmon color.

The actual probe (tube) length varies from 4" to 4-1/2" to 5-1/2" in the different ads.

Prices vary from $26.37 to $37.95 to $ 49.95, plus shipping on all of course.

Some of the web ads don't give complete specifications, so I'm not able to evaluate which model is the best buy.

I would like to get whatever inputs are available from the members here. Whatever information you can offer that might help me to make the right choice will be greatly appreciated !

Thanks everyone !

Todd :grin:

Here is my take on the Wiz's, written last year
http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=4741

I would not think there would be any difference between the models other than color, but am not sure - And, considering how easy it is to snap its PVC neck, I'd look at a longer one as anything but an advantage.
After going through 2 of these, I would be hard pressed to recommend these to anyone planning on rugged field use. They work great, but are cheaply constructed and prone to failure and breakage.
On the other hand, I am admittedly very rough on all my tools, and the one other unit that malfunctioned on me just might have been a defective unit which might not necessarily reflect on the design.
Still, if you can live without vibrating alert, I'd reccomend the 2nd pinpointer in my review heads and shoulders above the Wiz.

Back
Top Bottom