Sign on the Coinstars

I personally never actually considered dropping uncleaned coins I'd found in a counting machine or a vending machine. But, I don't clean and tumble for long periods for nice shiny coins either. Two hours generally.

It just seems low class to use dug coins without removing the basic surface crud.

I do at least put them in a plastic juice bottle with some soap and water with a little bit of aquarium gravel and shake for a couple of minutes. Does pretty good except for crusty zincs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The last time I tumbled a bunch of coins out popped a silver rosie and a silver Washington that were really black and unreadable. I have never used a CoinStar. I just roll them and turn them in to the bank.

I just tumble my coins to where they are clean and won't jam the machines. They don't have to look like new.

That's what I do also . If the coinstar machine gets jammed up that means less time for depositers and less money for the coinstar person who has a family to feed also . Another way to look at it is , the less people making deposits , the less chance of finding goodies in the reject slot . I don't mind paying the 11% or whatever it is just to do my little bit to keep the coinstar around . I really like checking for left coins .

I think the Amazon gift card is a good way to go also as you get 100% of your money's worth and I'm sure the coinstar person is getting a benefit out of that also .

I commonly deposit fresh from the field dirty coins into the Coinstar on my way home from a Hunt! Its one less trip I figure..Immediate payback and on over to the beer store I go!.!

I've only choked one Coinstar so far, couple of years ago.....Jammed it right up!

The Cashier Lady had to come and open it up to unclear the jam, she saw all those dirtys I was depositing, and boy did I catch Hell! I wrote a really funny post about it titled: "Choked a Coinstar"! I suppose a guy could do a search and find that old post?...it was pretty funny!

Yeah, lowclass neighborhood and dressed like a Bum! I've choked a few can return machines by not removing the plastic screw off top from the plastic bottle... like the sign says you are supposed to do!

I dont like following orders much...never have...:laughing:

I commonly deposit fresh from the field dirty coins into the Coinstar on my way home from a Hunt! Its one less trip I figure..Immediate payback and on over to the beer store I go!.!

I've only choked one Coinstar so far, couple of years ago.....Jammed it right up!

The Cashier Lady had to come and open it up to unclear the jam, she saw all those dirtys I was depositing, and boy did I catch Hell! I wrote a really funny post about it titled: "Choked a Coinstar"! I suppose a guy could do a search and find that old post?...it was pretty funny!

Yeah, lowclass neighborhood and dressed like a Bum! I've choked a few can return machines by not removing the plastic screw off top from the plastic bottle... like the sign says you are supposed to do!

I dont like following orders much...never have...:laughing:

Youd be great in the military.:lol:
I have never choked a coinstar.

There are ALOT of detectorists in Sonoma county. I think too many of us including me have inserted too many dirty corroded coins.:laughing: The sign reads no dirty or sticky coins it willjam the machine. Well they charge 11% to use so they will just have to take it.:laughing:
Anyhow I can bypass coinstar and put coins directly into the grocery store self serve coin slots to save money.:yes:

I load the hopper and push in the coins slowly just a few at a time..that way the coinstar keeps chugging along chewing through the dirt.. go fast..it jams..slow it down and she'll take hundreds of dollars at a time..

There are ALOT of detectorists in Sonoma county. I think too many of us including me have inserted too many dirty corroded coins.:laughing: The sign reads no dirty or sticky coins it willjam the machine. Well they charge 11% to use so they will just have to take it.:laughing:
Anyhow I can bypass coinstar and put coins directly into the grocery store self serve coin slots to save money.:yes:

Instead find a bank with a free coin counter for members. Start a savings account with $5 and then you can use the machine for free and save that 11%

Instead find a bank with a free coin counter for members. Start a savings account with $5 and then you can use the machine for free and save that 11%
Make sure you stay on top of the account. I opened an account using my father as a reference, bank unnamed to protect the greedy. I received a free $50 deposit. I used the bank for coin hunting purposes.

Within six months the bank had drained my account to a zero balance. :no:

Back
Top Bottom