Where to Detect in Santa Barbara!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Evidently, there's an enterprising individual in Santa Barbara that sets up coin toss games along the walkway to the wharf. I gotta believe after he/she picks up there are a ton of missed coins that a detector would pick up in this area.

Attachments

• 20180730_165052_resized.jpg
    20180730_165052_resized.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 857
  • 20180730_165110_resized.jpg
    20180730_165110_resized.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 828
  • 20180730_171655_resized.jpg
    20180730_171655_resized.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 813
  • 20180730_165133_resized.jpg
    20180730_165133_resized.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 835
Funny right! People are always tossing coins. Was the WWII sand sculpture there as well?

Nick

Man there's some really weird people in Cali.

I'm curious were all these weird things setup randomly on the beach or was there a group of people running it like a mini carnival? You gotta watch out for those beach Carnies! :laughing:

So, Felix are you out here on the Left Coast?
Ron, at the moment I am in Mission Hills near Burbank. We're in the last 2 days of our vacation before we head back to Miami on Thursday. We started off in San Francisco and after 5 days there rented a car and we've been making our way down. Yesterday, we stayed in Ventura. Wife loved rocky San Buenaventura State Beach where she made one of those really cool Zen rock scupltures. I have loved every place we have been to, and thoroughly enjoyed the surprisingly cold summer weather until we got near LA. The traffic down here is amazingly EVEN worse than what I deal with in Miami. And I'm not loving the 102° here at 5pm either!:coolinoff: What my wife and I have been utterly FLABBERGASTED at is the cost of homes in all the places that we have visited. Our home is very well situated in Miami. We bought it 24 years ago and we couldn't afford to buy it again today. It's valued somewhere around $800,000. Run down shacks in the cities we've been to in Cali are more expensive than our home. I just don't know how people can afford to live here. There are a couple of beaches I wish I would've been able to detect - one of them being Santa Monica today, but that wasn't in the works for the vacation. We've definitely had a great time down here other than the parking ticket I got in Venice Beach today. :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_2145.jpg
    IMG_2145.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 726
Hey Felix!

You can try Santa Barbara beach itself. Also, if you head North a little ways, there is the beach adjacent to UC Santa Barbara. Good for some jewelry, as long as you can deal with the plethora of beer caps and beaver tails. If you head North a little further, you can hit Goleta beach.

Good luck buddy.

I love when older posts are resurrected!!! :laughing:

Stay off my spotz! :p
I didn't even take my detector! :p

Man there's some really weird people in Cali.
Looks like a message to me, but I know nothing.
He said that because I was there! :lol:

Hey Felix!

You can try Santa Barbara beach itself. Also, if you head North a little ways, there is the beach adjacent to UC Santa Barbara. Good for some jewelry, as long as you can deal with the plethora of beer caps and beaver tails. If you head North a little further, you can hit Goleta beach.

Good luck buddy.
Thanks for the tips I'll try to use them the next time I'm there! ;):lol:

Back
Top Bottom