My best find ever! Broke into the 1600s

thebmasur

Yesterday I made my best find yet!! I'm still new to metal detecting. Just started this summer and am totally hooked. Dug a semi sketchy signal mid 50s yesterday after finding tons of scrap copper reading in the same area. Pulled this out and was praying it wasn't more garbage. When I saw the front I nearly had a heart attack. So here it is! My IHS Jesuit fur trade ring from the 1650s. Dug it in a field that had long houses and captured christians during the 1650s. I still can't believe it!! Hope you all enjoy.

-Brandon
bcf3c4b1df3a7132d2c27e81f2d09a3e.jpg
f7e9c02293788e06cc5c7c9c71ca493d.jpg
7828366fdff947469a844efd6baeea49.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! That is fantastic!

Another example of why mid-tines are so important to relic hunting!

I'm in the habit of digging everything 50 and up on my Pro. Yeah, pull tabs are numerous, but the nephew got his first gold ring this week with a loud 53. :yes:

Great job!!! :wow:

Awesome find!!

Trade era artifacts are some of my personal favorites of my finds..

Congrats!!

<°)))>{

Wow! That is fantastic!

Another example of why mid-tines are so important to relic hunting!

I'm in the habit of digging everything 50 and up on my Pro. Yeah, pull tabs are numerous, but the nephew got his first gold ring this week with a loud 53. :yes:

Great job!!! :wow:

I'm learning more and more to dig dig dig and dig some more. No matter how much you think you know what something is you usually don't and you never know what you'll find. This was low 50s too! And not a solid signal either. Scratchy. That's wonderful!! This is my first ring so far. A gold ring would be neat!

Thank you! Yeah I saw that one! Almost exactly like this one. I was contemplating sending them an email to see if I could get more info on it

I wouldn't do that if I were you. You don't want to get anyone from academia involved in your finds unless you are willing to have them confiscated with no compensation. It could happen. I'm not saying that it would happen for sure in this case, but I wouldn't risk it if I were in your shoes.

Congrats on the great find! What part of the country are you in? Your profile gives no info on where you are located....just curious about the general location.

Back
Top Bottom