Ceramic knife

Rammjäger

Elite Member
I am considering to purchase a ceramic knife as a digger.
The blade,not being metal, doesn't interfere with the pinpointer.
So both can be used at the same time.

I am considering to purchase a ceramic knife as a digger.

The blade,not being metal, doesn't interfere with the pinpointer.

So both can be used at the same time.

Please don't waste your time or money. Although very sharp they're extremely brittle. We have had ceramic knives for the kitchen and they're so sharp you don't realize you've cut yourself till the blood shows up however they chip and break so easy.

My daughter broke the last one we had not long ago just by banging the edge on our counter top, not hard at all but that's all it took and there went $30. Could you imagine just running into a piece if gravel what it would do?

Thanks

Please don't waste your time or money. Although very sharp they're extremely brittle. We have had ceramic knives for the kitchen and they're so sharp you don't realize you've cut yourself till the blood shows up however they chip and break so easy.

My daughter broke the last one we had not long ago just by banging the edge on our counter top, not hard at all but that's all it took and there went $30. Could you imagine just running into a piece if gravel what it would do?

It's good to know! -I have never had a ceramic knife until now.
I had also my thoughts about how much they resist bending or applied
force :roll:

best check your ceramic knife with a metal detector.

I have one I bought in the 80's that has absolutely no metal init, all the others I have gotten in the last 10 years have some metal in them and will set of a metal detector.

Maybe homeland security had some thing to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom