Got me a pepper!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
We have a pretty sunny front porch so the wife wanted to try growing a few herbs this summer.
Went to Home Depot and she picked out some small plants, a Greek oregano, rosemary and basil.
I hadn't planned on it but as long as we were there she says pick out a couple for myself so I went for two man's man plants...jalapeno and a havasu pepper.
Not super hot and I think cooking with something I grew is kinda neat.
I have been watching them and keeping them moist and tending them for a couple of weeks and the other day I see flowers popping out.
This morning I looked and I got a pepper growing on the havasu and it's big already!
I have no idea how I missed it, they must grow fast once they decide to show their face.
Got a tiny green one on the jalapeno plant too...it is really cute!

Don't know why these are making me so happy like a proud pappa but they do.

Attachments

• user10659_pic75668_1497111000.jpg
    user10659_pic75668_1497111000.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 267
  • user10659_pic75669_1497111000.jpg
    user10659_pic75669_1497111000.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 244
Nice, fresh grown is always better than much of the stuff you find in stores.

Jalapenos always seem to be fairly easy to grow, wish tomatoes and green peppers grew as easy.

Haven't planted any veggies yet, behind schedule due to a vast amount of yard work that we've been catching up on, but still hope to get at least a few plants going this year.

They look healthy! I've put in carrots, peppers, peas, yellow and butternut squash, tomatos, Brussels sprouts and the strawberries and blueberries are just about ready to be picked. Tired of that Mexican produce, it's about all you can find anymore. Even the asparagus comes from Mexico when it's in season here locally, 'cause we can't compete! And who knows what !!!! they spray on the veggies down there.

Looking good. I was kind of surprised when I went out to check my garden last night and already getting a few toms and peppers myself, usually don't start seeing these until mid July. Gardening in my 2nd hobby, nothing huge just a little something to mess with in the backyard and get some fresh veggies.

Attachments

• gard2.jpg
    gard2.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 138
  • bell2.jpg
    bell2.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 135
  • tom2.jpg
    tom2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 128
  • jap2.jpg
    jap2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 159
I was growing some jalapenos a few years back - I am not sure what they cross pollinated with, but on one plant, I got a few peppers that looked a bit (mostly due to color) to Hungarian Wax peppers.

They were incredibly tasty. Sadly, the seeds produced jalapenos. I think I could have made a some good money selling those seeds if I could manage to get those peppers to grow.

Had the same thing happen a few years ago. Think my bannana peppers cross polinated with some japs and wound up with what was looked like banana peppers with a good but not over powering zing to them. Saved the seeds and didn't get the same result the following year either. Have japs, bells, bannna & I think cheyenne all planted in the same general area. curious what is going to come out if they start crossig this year.

Back
Top Bottom