Why you're NOT finding gold.....

sllingshot47

Elite Member
Was watching,Law and Order-Criminal Intent. Bobby, the know-it-all detective was giving his usual oral explanation of why a suspect converted his stash to gold coins. He started out saying each bag weighs 90 pounds and then stated "plus they can't be detected by a metal detector!":laughing: So, now you know.:D

Yeah Slingy! No Wonder! FWIW....Me and the Wife were watching the new episode of "Better Call Saul" Last night...same kind of deal! They had to bring detecting into it without knowing a diddly damn!!...Shame! Shame! Shame!

Mike was wandering around, out in the desert, looking for a stiff....He had a BH rig, 8" concentric, high flying the coil at least 8" over the scrub brush and deck looking for where Nacho Varga buried a Good Samaritan who he murdered.....

Now I like Mike, he has some incredible skills, but it was obvious that detecting was not one of them!....I was about going apoplectic on his coil control, sweep speed etc...

He eventually examined a hit...and amazingly found the murder victims corpse on account of a 4gr gold wedding ring the dead guy was wearing!....easily 12" deep! On edge! Still on the dead guys hand even!....

So yeah, hitting a small gold ring at least 12" deep in the dirt, on edge, out in the Desert sweeping random? Pisspoor coil control and all? ....Another 12" of air over the top?..That was impressive!

The hell with Minelab! I gotta get me a BH!:laughing:

Yeah Slingy! No Wonder! FWIW....Me and the Wife were watching the new episode of "Better Call Saul" Last night...same kind of deal! They had to bring detecting into it without knowing a diddly damn!!...Shame! Shame! Shame!

Mike was wandering around, out in the desert, looking for a stiff....He had a BH rig, 8" concentric, high flying the coil at least 8" over the scrub brush and deck looking for where Nacho Varga buried a Good Samaritan who he murdered.....

Now I like Mike, he has some incredible skills, but it was obvious that detecting was not one of them!....I was about going apoplectic on his coil control, sweep speed etc...

He eventually examined a hit...and amazingly found the murder victims corpse on account of a 4gr gold wedding ring the dead guy was wearing!....easily 12" deep! On edge! Still on the dead guys hand even!....

So yeah, hitting a small gold ring at least 12" deep in the dirt, on edge, out in the Desert sweeping random? Pisspoor coil control and all? ....Another 12" of air over the top?..That was impressive!

That wasn't the first BH, either. When they located a gun, they didn't even sweep-just moved forward in a straight line and the audio sounded like a pulsing Geiger counter! I knew those guys were up to something at Bounty Hunter!:lol:

LOL KT can tell you about His Royal BH Tracker IV....the coin findingest darn detector He ever came across....at 4 inches and shallower....but gold? At most any depth? Heck NO! Had to buy a Tesoro Compadre and run it wide open to find MY first Totlot gold....and 2nd! both small rings...both 8 inches deep....so poor Mike not only had p.p. technique, he also had the wrong detector! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

LOL KT can tell you about His Royal BH Tracker IV....the coin findingest darn detector He ever came across....at 4 inches and shallower....but gold? At most any depth? Heck NO! Had to buy a Tesoro Compadre and run it wide open to find MY first Totlot gold....and 2nd! both small rings...both 8 inches deep....so poor Mike not only had p.p. technique, he also had the wrong detector! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Haven't heard from you in a while! Maybe I missed some posts- glad to hear from you.:grin:

Was watching,Law and Order-Criminal Intent. Bobby, the know-it-all detective was giving his usual oral explanation of why a suspect converted his stash to gold coins. He started out saying each bag weighs 90 pounds and then stated "plus they can't be detected by a metal detector!":laughing: So, now you know.:D

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I tried to find that episode, do you know what season and episode number that was ?

While trying to find that episode I found an episode where the detectives talk to a detectorist detecting on the beach, when he couldn't tell a bottle cap from a coin by the detector sound Bobby said "Is this a new hobby for you Walter ?" :lol:

(short clip of the detectorist part)

Found it Mud !!!!

Now everyone can see a clip of that part themselves of how these Hollywood actors are so skilled at detecting :laughing::laughing::laughing:

(short clip covering that part)

(if you pause it at about the 30 second mark, it is a BH Tracker IV)

Last edited:

I think he was swinging a bit high but it looked like he had a handle in it to me.
Still, a BH 202 hitting a small gold ring that deep with his coil so high was pure television.
He found a big ole can first target...that I believe.

Haven't heard from you in a while! Maybe I missed some posts- glad to hear from you.:grin:

KT still reighneth supreme, but principally makes His Royal Posts in The CRHing subsection of the What's the Value section, posting every weeks hunt. But We read a lot of threads and when it hits His Majesty's Royal Fancy, He posts a comment! :laughing::laughing:

Not sure what that would be?!?

I'm not sure why it's not showing up for you, especially since it's just a very short excerpt, that is puzzling since it does play okay when I click on it.

Anyone else having a problem with the video clip not playing ?

It would be strange if your location was the only place having a problem :?:

Not sure what that would be?!?

Says the video is blocked by Sony

They'll still showing up for me, but I found another source for the Law and Order video, click on the link below and when the video starts go to the 9 minute and 19 seconds point to see the metal detecting part -

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4ju40d_law-and-order-criminal-intent-s07-e05_tv

(they don't seem to have the Better Call Saul season 3 episode 8 available yet on that video site)

Maybe it's something specific to your location, I just tried both video clips and they played, anyone else not able to view the video clips ?

I can not get it to work either. That is OK. I seen movies before where some one was trying to find some thing. The coil a foot off the ground and a golf club swing..
KEN :D

I just ordered me one of them. Hope it is a hot one.. KEN :laughing:

I just ordered me one of them. Hope it is a hot one.. KEN :laughing:
All kidding aside, I loved my Tracker series. Had about 6 of them in one form or another over 20 years. Would STILL have my last one, but it was stolen. If you just hunt schools, playgrounds it can't be beat for $100 due to tone ID features. Sure, a Compadre will beat it if you beep/dig, but if you wanna skip the teeny trash and have some ID help, it's FUN. AND, it was designed by a very famous engineer.:yes:

Thank goodness that's all cleared up, now I know! :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom