Not The Silver I Expected

jjm861

Elite Member
I decided on a whim to head way south this Sunday. I have not hunted this area in over a year, but, with the sand not moving lately, I had to try something different. When I arrived, I was not impressed with what looked liked another case book example of sand, sand and more sand. So a walked about a half mile down the beach and I could see what looked like a dark cut in the beach ahead. As I got closer, the cut was about three feet with black sand about 20 feet down from the top of the cut. When I mean black sand, I MEAN BLACK SAND !!!! I wish I had my camera with me, but it literally look like someone draped a black blanket about 20 feet wide by 100 yards long by 3 inches deep. Even with my ATX, I had to turn down the sensitivity down to 8 to make this area somewhat manageable.

As you can see by the pictures, I must have found 15 old style pull tabs. In the area that I usually hunt these are somewhat a rarity. You may also notice that the clad has been there a while with very very few recent drops. Only one silver love knot ring in the bunch with the rest junkers. I also found a 1949 and a "Who Knows" Rosie. After a overnight tumbling, they cleaned up nice. The Sacramento Token is kind of cool too.

Good Luck….Be Safe….Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_0307.jpg
    IMG_0307.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 236
  • IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0312.jpg