Best op yet for the Excalibur

OBN

OldCherryPicker
Forum Supporter
Will be testing this summer, hopefully this will be the ticket...

This summer will be my first real chance to have the op to hunt everyday and many different locations. Not knowing what I'm going to encounter at these locations, I will be bringing a PI and a modified Excalibur with a few extra coils on the boat. I came with in a hair of purchasing a CTX for the job but now with the ability to change coils in the field from a 5 inch NEL to FSA's UT 13 I really think the Excalibur is the best machine for the job. A full summer in the water will make or break them....

Where is the list....when can I sign up????

Good luck, hope all works out well.

Cliff

Man joe, that's a game changer for sure. I hope you got that patented? Real nice work.HH

I can see the UPS truck pulling up to your house on a daily basis after this gets around.

If that 13" Ultimate has results on the Excalibur like it does on the GT you have hit the jackpot and didn't even have to go to Atlantic City.

....and I don't see any reason why it wouldn't.

The first connector looked a lot sturdier than the bulgin mini buccaneers I used on my xcal. And your setup, with the male connector at the end of the control box, is sweet.

Thanks Guys, Just trying to stay a head of the Jones (CTX)

Aqua
Hmmmm...switching from 8-10" coil...maybe another 3" deeper OBN?
8-10 is just the beginning,....Right now I'm waiting on the 5 inch NEL to come out, I have a few big coils I can use, the WOT and ULT 13 so once I'm at a site I can adjust as needed by keeping the backups on the boat. Having a detector that I can take from one extreme to the other in coil size is going to be a great advantage with many locations change every tide.

Looking forward to these.

What do you think about adding a pigtail/dongle or parrallel jack to the Sov GT so the coils can be swapped back and forth?

What is the pricing on the connectors?

I agree the first type look nice:)

If you need help running these through the paces let me know;)

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/UTS6JC8E4P/SOU1522-ND/1927564
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/UTS08E4S/SOU1515-ND/1927557

About 24 each shipped for the one that connects to the coil
Bulkhead is 18 shipped, one used for the endcap

I'm guessing,... the price of the endcap 50.oo all setup with your battery wire installed, then connectors for 3 coils, about 125.oo, Self installed....give me a few months just to make sure and I may make a few so others can test, I just want to make sure they will do the trick before we go head first, 4 or 5 times in deep saltwater will tell the story real quick...

You could do the same for the GT in a box, for headphones and coil .......these are IP 68 connected and unconnected And Gold plated contacts. They should have put the exact same on the CTX battery so it could be charged just by plugging in so you would not have to pull the battery to charge.

Attachments

• OBN0188.jpg
    OBN0188.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 409
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/UTS6JC8E4P/SOU1522-ND/1927564
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/UTS08E4S/SOU1515-ND/1927557
They should have put the exact same on the CTX battery so it could be charged just by plugging in so you would not have to pull the battery to charge.

If and that's a big "if" Minelab ever develops an external port to directly charge the CTX battery...you better get some royalties! You can be sure that someone from Minelab has already sent your pic to someone in their (underfunded) R&D dept:yes: Would solve their gasket problem period!

The very best thing about your genus this time Joe is that I know that's probably my detector on your video (1st one) with the swap out capability between 8 and 10 inch coils. That by all accounts you will be posting out to me down here in Australia real soon, cant even begin to tell you how :cool: it will be to have that ability along with being able to swap between the Skullies and Grey Ghost Amphibian headphones you already have sent me that also fit my Ctx30 30.:pirates: :thumbsup:

aussie

Wow Joe... another sweet mod buddy. Hopefully you can get a few inches more others arent. At least you have the ability to adjust to conditions. Now you will need a new back pack to carry all those coils.:lol: Keep us on top out there.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom