Minelab 2.0 Update Question

napp

The new Nox 600 that I just received has software version 1.75.5 according to the specs listed on the box. The Minelab website shows there is a version 2.0 available as an update.

The website makes the installation of the update sound pretty easy; however, I have seen a couple of threads on this forum where members had their detectors die while attempting updates (it was unclear which updates were involved). I believe the only fix was to return the machines to Minelab for repair/replacement.

Has anyone actually installed the 2.0 update on their Nox 600? If so, were there any problems? Does the update provide enough improvement in performance to justify the gamble of bricking my new machine?

Has anyone actually installed the 2.0 update on their Nox 600? If so, were there any problems? Does the update provide enough improvement in performance to justify the gamble of bricking my new machine?

I would assume many thousands of people have successfully used the update.

For the 600, I would do the update simply to get the better backlight options. No brainer.

The other change in 2.0 is a new iron bias setting that does a better job with bottle caps (if you have it set high enough), but they also kept the old iron bias option for those used to it.

The new Nox 600 that I just received has software version 1.75.5 according to the specs listed on the box. The Minelab website shows there is a version 2.0 available as an update.

The website makes the installation of the update sound pretty easy; however, I have seen a couple of threads on this forum where members had their detectors die while attempting updates (it was unclear which updates were involved). I believe the only fix was to return the machines to Minelab for repair/replacement.

I did it on my 600 the evening it was released. It was a no-brainer for me. The backlight is worth it alone.
F2 is a great addition once you use it out in the wild and learn to understand it.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I too have updated my 600. No problems using Windows 10. I have read in posts where some folks had a problem with Windows 7 and the update install.

My 800 died while updating, It powered down and never powered back up.
It took a few weeks but Minelab replaced the control pod and the new one updated just fine.
I would go ahead and do it, better to find out it's a lemon while it's still under warranty.
It also seems like a very small percent of people have had this problem.

Received my 600 today, was at 1.75.5 ,did the update via a WIn10 laptop, went
fast, no issues.. Cant say if its better since I just received it and haven't had it outside.

I updated my 600 no problems and love the update. There’s an extremely small amount that had problems outside of windows 7

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine died during update to 2.0. First update to 1.75 went fine.

Detector would not power on. Minelab provided RMA number. HOWEVER, THIS PROVED TO BE UNNECESSARY!!!! Minelab's own site states the update program can recover a botched update. The key is CLOSING the update utility after a failure, then relaunching and trying again. Even though my detector would not power on, after relaunching the software, connecting detector, and hitting the power button, the software saw the machine even though it appeared the machine was dead. Restarting the update recovered the machine and successfully installed 2.0 verified by F2 being now available.

Detector would not power on. Minelab provided RMA number. HOWEVER, THIS PROVED TO BE UNNECESSARY!!!! Minelab's own site states the update program can recover a botched update. The key is CLOSING the update utility after a failure, then relaunching and trying again. Even though my detector would not power on, after relaunching the software, connecting detector, and hitting the power button, the software saw the machine even though it appeared the machine was dead. Restarting the update recovered the machine and successfully installed 2.0 verified by F2 being now available.

Awesome. Good to know. This is the first recovery ive read about...

That doesn’t seem to work for all botched updates, it was the first thing they had me try, and even talked me through it before having me mail my control pod back to them. They apparently didn’t have any better luck than I did trying to power it up because they sent me a brand new pod. Still it’s good to hear that you didn’t have to send it in, saved you a few weeks of down time.

That doesn’t seem to work for all botched updates, it was the first thing they had me try, and even talked me through it before having me mail my control pod back to them. They apparently didn’t have any better luck than I did trying to power it up because they sent me a brand new pod. Still it’s good to hear that you didn’t have to send it in, saved you a few weeks of down time.

I tried that as well when my 800 died while trying to roll back 1.75 to 1.5

Didn't work for me either but I had a new control pod fairly quickly.

2.0 update was no problem at all

Back
Top Bottom