Movin' on

hawgdawg

Forum Supporter
I had a friend of mine that was being being transferred to Detroit for work a while back. We were eating at restaurant one day and he was talking about not wanting to go because of the crime and everything. He was pretty distraught about the whole situation, and I didn't know what to say as I had never been to Detroit .
Well, a guy sitting behind us was in town visiting family, and he was from Detroit, he had overheard my buddy's concerns and started to tell him about Detroit and all the good things , telling him it wasnt really all that bad. My buddy started feeling better about it and it set him at ease. A few minutes later my buddy asked him what he did in Detroit for work. The guy said, Oh, I'm a tail gunner on a Budweiser truck. :laughing:

All those old blue collar Detroit neighborhoods are completely abandoned now! Back in the 60's us kids would play outside! Late into the evening under the street lights! Ghost in the Graveyard, Kick the Can, Hide N Seek etc...

We didnt spend a lot of time in the house...No reason! Only 3 channels available on the TV anyhow...Good Humor Man making his rounds with certain prolific pull over areas...

We ALL carried knives, even the girls, a few of us pistols...but we only used them for their intended purposes....The Detroit Riots in the late 60's were really something! Nat Guard called in even! Amazing to think things got so out of control so fast before 'flash mobs and texting'....

We all pretty much got along though..all us kids...it wasnt a race thing, far from it! All our Dads worked together! It was more of a turf war or something?... I really dont know? Like Humans are apt to do occasionally...

Anymore Detroit is pretty much a ghost town. I mean, there are still parts of town I wouldn't go to, but it's Paradise compared to some other places.

Back
Top Bottom