D-Day

backwater

It seems to be back page news now a day's, Salute to all vets. Thank you all.

Your right. I was at our American Legion Post meeting tonight, and we only have 3 WW11 vets left. I wish America was the way it was back then. At least the way they showed their pride in our country . I'm afraid that level of commitment to country may never be seen again. :no:

This is true, I remember growing up we still had WW1 Vet's and even a few Spanish American War Vet's. It's sad to know that they are leaving the earth seeing what they fought so hard for, has become. We can do better than tthis. We owe it to them.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

This is true, I remember growing up we still had WW1 Vet's and even a few Spanish American War Vet's. It's sad to know that they are leaving the earth seeing what they fought so hard for, has become. We can do better than tthis. We owe it to them.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

This is exactly the way I feel about it.

Unimaginable! That opening scene from "Saving Private Ryan" sort of gave an idea to the youth what their Grandfathers experienced...Heck, the whole movie put that time in perspective for a lot of them.....

Its nearly incomprehensible to absorb the totality of the WW2 Effort.......From a Manufacturing perspective alone it was something totally amazing...I doubt we could ramp up lines and build that much that fast today....

"If you're going to die anyway, move in and die!"

The best documentary on D-day, IMO, was done by Charles Guggenheim in 1994. They used to show it on PBS, only an hour long, I think. One other quote (apart from the one in the subject line) I remember from one of participants (a "grunt") was that it made no difference who was leading the troops once they were ashore, in the chaos small groups were able to do what had to be done. It's called "D-Day Remembered".

here's a short sample of the film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIPh6jSzNIg

I am afraid that the Greed of a high percentage of the American People who want everything for FREE will turn this nation into something like Venezuela

As a nation we have lost the will to extinguish Evil like we did with the Germans and Japanese in WW-II. Now a large percentage of the population firmly believe that if we are Nice to Evil it will quit wanting to kill us.

I spent 20 years in the USN and am totally disgusted with a large portion of the American People.

I am afraid that the Greed of a high percentage of the American People who want everything for FREE will turn this nation into something like Venezuela

As a nation we have lost the will to extinguish Evil like we did with the Germans and Japanese in WW-II. Now a large percentage of the population firmly believe that if we are Nice to Evil it will quit wanting to kill us.

I spent 20 years in the USN and am totally disgusted with a large portion of the American People.

Amen brother. I served in the Marine Corp in the 80s in 2 different combat zones and being nice does not work. And that's what worries me as well. That these snowflakes will gain enough power to allow anyone from anywhere to just come and go through our borders until their numbers have amassed enough that they can start dictating our existence, and they won't know it till it's to late.

Back
Top Bottom