Everyone in Michigan

Lost Ring

Hello there! I'm not a MD-er but am desperately looking for help in East Lansing to find a vintage engagement ring - we think it was lost in the grassy area near a pool. Is anyone interested or available? If this is not the right forum to be posting, please let me know - and/or direct me to the correct chat. Many thanks!
Janet

Did you find the ring? I live in East Lansing and this seems like it would be good practice.

Anyone in Michigan up for a hunt on Memorial weekend? The wife has allowed me to take 2-3 day trip and unsure where to explore.

Anyone in Michigan up for a hunt on Memorial weekend? The wife has allowed me to take 2-3 day trip and unsure where to explore.

Where ya thinking of? What type of trip?

Give or take the weather, we'll be camping about 30 miles north of West Branch. Hitting mostly homestead cellar holes and some old tourist areas. We tend to move a lot in the northwest lower so i can't really predict exactly where till I find inspiration lol.

That has sort of been my problem, finding the inspiration for a new location. I do have a private permission I haven’t been to yet but that’s in the Carsonville MI area a ways from where you’ll be. I’ll have to take a look up there to see my options. I fear it may rain that weekend...hopefully not!

Actually this got me thinkin, and inspired, lol. Also remembered a few things from the snowy season.

A campground and fishing areas that would date to the early 1900's thats been sorta moved and abandonded.....sorta. I have to go meet with a historical museum that opens that weekend too.

Glad I could help you with the inspiration! I was leaning towards the Benton Lake area as well but who knows...one of these days I’d love to try to get permission to the old amusement park near Grosse Ile. I hear you used to be able to dock there but new ownership has restricted access due to partiers docking their boats and trashing the place.

Benton lake, like near White Cloud?

Gross Isle.....now that's kinda down home, lol. A place i really don't go anymore, though I have a few places I'd really like to hunt in the Wayne/Westland area. Places my grandfather told me of years ago, and I hunted as a teen in the 90's. I wonder what I could find nowdays with more smarts and better equipment.

If you ever head down to Wayne/Westland area hit me up. I commute to Dearborn daily for work. I haven’t really searched that area yet for possible hunting spots though.

Benton Lake that’s at the southern end of the National forest. It’s north of Grand Rapids.

If you ever head down to Wayne/Westland area hit me up. I commute to Dearborn daily for work. I haven’t really searched that area yet for possible hunting spots though.

Benton Lake that’s at the southern end of the National forest. It’s north of Grand Rapids.

Benton Lake... seems like a very random area not highly populated. Why there?

Benton Lake... seems like a very random area not highly populated. Why there?
I only took a quick look at the area, it looks like my Oh-Zee, a crapload of state land national forest. I would think it's ripe with cellar holes by the hundreds, and plenty more. I actually know of a few interesting things just to the north of there too.

I actually think i'm gonna take a closer look at it in time, just because it's kinda "uncharted territory" to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Im in the Oscoda, Tawas, Hale area. From the sunrise side of the state, with the best fishing in the whole state. Salmon and Steelhead runs are fantastic.

Clare here.
You do any water hunting ?

Back
Top Bottom