Military Buttons I.D..

Lightningjack

Forum Supporter
Bought these a little while back, I'm not a button collector but thought they looked neat..Theres a little over a 100 in the pictures I have a 100 or so more that didn't look like military just metal buttons with designs. I've seen some of them before like the US ones with the eagle, But theres several I've never seen before..Any help would appreciated, Thanks.

buttons1.jpg

buttons2.jpg

buttons3.jpg

buttons4.jpg

buttons5.jpg

buttons6.jpg

buttons7.jpg

buttons8.jpg

buttons9.jpg

Wow..quite a collection. There seems to be few marine/navy buttons in there but I think that most of the crest type buttons are actually not military. Impressive looking buttons with crests and lions look good in certain types of dress.
Also some of them may be modern copies. For example, the large button with eagle and text 'Spes Nostra Es Devs' is a button used by British mercenary Hessian soldiers during revolutionary war. However I dunno if it's a genuine thing.
You'd better check backmarks and start posting them in smaller lots, say same backmarks together or something.

Voriax

Wow..quite a collection. There seems to be few marine/navy buttons in there but I think that most of the crest type buttons are actually not military. Impressive looking buttons with crests and lions look good in certain types of dress.
Also some of them may be modern copies. For example, the large button with eagle and text 'Spes Nostra Es Devs' is a button used by British mercenary Hessian soldiers during revolutionary war. However I dunno if it's a genuine thing.
You'd better check backmarks and start posting them in smaller lots, say same backmarks together or something.

Voriax

Thanks for the info..There is some that looks fake, although I did find a silver 3 cent piece mixed in with them-It kinda gave me some hope..Several of them say Superior Quality, Waterbury Conn..ect and some don't say anything. Sorry about all the pictures..:roll:..Heres the back of that large one: It's just wore don't think it says anything..

bak-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom