1854-O Seated Half Dollar

diggin4clad

Elite Member
On Sunday we hunted a soccer field and came away with a nice amount of clad...57 coins worth $7.36. On Monday, Veteran's Day, we hunted an old playground/ballfield on a street where all the houses were very old. We had a very good day finding 130 clad coins worth $15.54. Additionally we each dug a sterling ring and we dug five aluminum tokens....three from Sandy's Arcade in Asbury Park, New Jersey and two Shell Oil tokens that were distributed in 1969 when you bought gas....Sue's is the Ben Franklin and mine is the Byrd's flight over the South Pole. Those arcade tokens are a long way from home. The BEST find of the day belongs to Sue who dug an 1854-O Seated Liberty Half Dollar on her FIRST hit of the day !:woohoo:

Attachments

• IMG_0144.JPG
    IMG_0144.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 708
  • IMG_0145.JPG
    IMG_0145.JPG
    166.6 KB · Views: 715
  • IMG_0140.JPG
    IMG_0140.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 701
  • IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 725
  • IMG_0139.JPG
    IMG_0139.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 712
  • IMG_0143.JPG
    IMG_0143.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 720
On Sunday we hunted a soccer field and came away with a nice amount of clad...57 coins worth $7.36. On Monday, Veteran's Day, we hunted an old playground/ballfield on a street where all the houses were very old. We had a very good day finding 130 clad coins worth $15.54. Additionally we each dug a sterling ring and we dug five aluminum tokens....three from Sandy's Arcade in Asbury Park, New Jersey and two Shell Oil tokens that were distributed in 1969 when you bought gas....Sue's is the Ben Franklin and mine is the Byrd's flight over the South Pole. Those arcade tokens are a long way from home. The BEST find of the day belongs to Sue who dug an 1854-O Seated Liberty Half Dollar on her FIRST hit of the day !:woohoo:
I just drooled on my screen :laughing: Awesome recovery

That SHD is in gorgeous condition! A Seated half is on my bucket list,right at the top,along with a trime....HEY! A guy can dream,right?:lol:
Tell this “Sue” that finding that coin is something ALL of us dream about,even the guys and girls who have already found one or more. It is INCREDIBLY hard to scare one of those up,she should be VERY proud of that accomplishment.
Fantastic hunting with the rest of it! So many targets,so few hours...:grin:

Nice looking half. I found that same ring on the right a couple years ago here in Washington.

Back
Top Bottom