More from our yard...

Dantheman

Well, after 30 minutes or so before dark, I found another foreign coin. My previous post had a Chinese coin I found in the front. About 10 feet from it digging the other night I find a Turkish coin. I am still thinking this is from a kid that lived here thinking he was a world traveler or was treasure hunting with some coins someone bought him.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ha, brings back memories of when I got my first detector, a fisher 70, a little over two years ago. I was scouring every part of the yard and then in this one area I start finding foreign coin after foreign coin. None of them over and inch or so deep. Then I remembered I had let my three kids have a jar of foreign coins that a friend had given me some time back:lol:

I love the short back yard hunting reports Dan.
Been a wile since I have hunted my own .
I have found some good stuff in my 50s built lot. I have found a silver ring and a merc dime , a silver thimble and a buffalo nickel and a buch of wheats. I haven't even hunted a quarter of it.
Keep us posted
,Dew

Ha, brings back memories of when I got my first detector, a fisher 70, a little over two years ago. I was scouring every part of the yard and then in this one area I start finding foreign coin after foreign coin. None of them over and inch or so deep. Then I remembered I had let my three kids have a jar of foreign coins that a friend had given me some time back:lol:

I used to collect coins myself as a kid and am sure I left people plenty over the years. At least your kids didn't do it with just modern Lincolns. I hope to find a couple more but who knows.

I love the short back yard hunting reports Dan.
Been a wile since I have hunted my own .
I have found some good stuff in my 50s built lot. I have found a silver ring and a merc dime , a silver thimble and a buffalo nickel and a buch of wheats. I haven't even hunted a quarter of it.
Keep us posted
,Dew

Thanks Dew. Our house was built early 50s as well. So far the oldest has been a 1919 Wheatie. The most valuable has been a "Cross" Pen. The replacement pen with the engraving of the word "Stew" is around $75ish when I looked it up online. I am in the same boat. I have only done about a quarter of the yard and save it for times I get the itch to hunt; mostly as the sun is setting and I can't drive elsewhere. It will be a sad day even when the nails are gone.

Back
Top Bottom