• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Nox 6" coil...the bomb!

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
I haven't been out for awhile because of the dry conditions but we got a little rain recently and yesterday I got my 6" Nox coil in the mail.
My back is wrenched and screwed up but I had to get out and try the thing for as long as I could last.

I am impressed.

In a small lawn I have been hitting over and over for over a year, where targets have become sparse and few and far between I came up with these coins.
This is a huge deal, they were all easy to find even though severely masked as are most targets around here.

I reset the Nox to factory specs out of my custom settings, Park 2, multi freak for awhile and it worked.
Eventually changed to 5 kHz and it worked.
Hunted in two tones for awhile and it worked well...the high tones stood out and the good ones really stood out from the false ones.
I dug mostly the more solid signals that didn't jump up and down a lot, I had several that were high numbers but dropped down to low a few times and these were iron, even in the lawns around here I have nails and bits and pieces of old iron pipes galore.
Eventually I switched to the horse shoe to check things and the false high tones switched over to just iron so I did that on most and quit digging iron.
The zincolns were pretty stable and ranged from the high teens to the low 20's, I dug a few 15's but they were old, smashed crown caps and I just avoided most of them after that.
The copper cents and the dime were a bit jumpy but if I moved the coil just right they stayed high in a pretty tight coin range and repeated from a 90 degree direction so they got dug.
Every coin was a surprise and a welcome sight when they popped up.
None were super deep but even shallow targets here can be masked completely so this coil is doing exactly what I hoped it would do, every site I go to can open up more because of this coil or has the possibility of doing that, anyway.

Coming from an F70, one of the most ergonomic detector on the planet, the rig with the big coil always felt a little out of balance to me, a little off and uncomfortable...I think shortening the rod a bit will help with that but I hadn't done that yet.
With this coil all became right with the world again, swinging was effortless, like there was no coil on the end of my rod at all.

This is the one for me, the right coil on the right tool that just might be the best so far for hunting in this strange place.
I don't know about depth yet but I assume it will get as deep as I need.
Because of the clay layer here not many targets hang out much further than 4-6" deep but there are a few areas with still mineralized but more of the better black dirt where I have found a few good targets past that up to the 7-8" level.
I have confidence I can probably hit that with this coil, maybe even deeper but time will tell.
I am much more concerned with unmasking abilities and that seems to be the big headline here, several times better than the standard coil, (it seems), but that is probably no surprise to fans of the snipers and I am the president of that club.

In a little bit I will attempt a short hunt again, this time in an area that I have been living at for the better part of 3 years.
The entrance to a park just up the road from my house...I walk through it every time I hunt this park, I have stayed there for hours trying to find more and it is my personal little laboratory, every new detector, coil or new setting gets a lot of time here and if something good ever turns up I learn and remember.
I have hit this site a million times and found a ton of great treasure but like that lawn nothing good has shown up for awhile.
I have been digging a lot of the trash signals there for a long time in an effort to clean up this place and unmask more but that is a never ending process.
Junk signals I dig have been pretty much junk so not many surprises there but I hope this new set up, and the right settings, might be able to squeeze out a few more good things without needing to dig tons of junk to unmask them.
We will see, but having just a small taste of what this combination is capable of doing fills me with hope and confidence.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Attachments

• user10659_pic78714_1535809821 (1).jpg
    user10659_pic78714_1535809821 (1).jpg
    32 KB · Views: 508
Nox 6" coil...the bomb!

Digger27 - i think we are of the same batch that Minelab sent over the week. I had mine arrive the other day then tested the following day.

Super impressed with this coil its like swinging a Deus in relation to weight. Like you, i tested it to my hunted out site and this coil did not disappoint me.
Dug a nickel 6-7" deep (moist ground) which i think has a potential to detect even deeper than that.
When Calabash first reviewed it that it detected 9" coin i knew this coil will be a game-changer to iron infested sites.

You are always on point to your review, was wondering if you could bring this coil to that site (barn) where you pounded hard with the F2. Tell us what you think. HH

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
81b914e2013f453570f04c890269a038.jpg

I haven't been out for awhile because of the dry conditions but we got a little rain recently and yesterday I got my 6" Nox coil in the mail.
My back is wrenched and screwed up but I had to get out and try the thing for as long as I could last.

I am impressed.

In a small lawn I have been hitting over and over for over a year, where targets have become sparse and few and far between I came up with these coins.
This is a huge deal, they were all easy to find even though severely masked as are most targets around here.

I reset the Nox to factory specs out of my custom settings, Park 2, multi freak for awhile and it worked.
Eventually changed to 5 kHz and it worked.
Hunted in two tones for awhile and it worked well...the high tones stood out and the good ones really stood out from the false ones.
I dug mostly the more solid signals that didn't jump up and down a lot, I had several that were high numbers but dropped down to low a few times and these were iron, even in the lawns around here I have nails and bits and pieces of old iron pipes galore.
Eventually I switched to the horse shoe to check things and the false high tones switched over to just iron so I did that on most and quit digging iron.
The zincolns were pretty stable and ranged from the high teens to the low 20's, I dug a few 15's but they were old, smashed crown caps and I just avoided most of them after that.
The copper cents and the dime were a bit jumpy but if I moved the coil just right they stayed high in a pretty tight coin range and repeated from a 90 degree direction so they got dug.
Every coin was a surprise and a welcome sight when they popped up.
None were super deep but even shallow targets here can be masked completely so this coil is doing exactly what I hoped it would do, every site I go to can open up more because of this coil or has the possibility of doing that, anyway.

Coming from an F70, one of the most ergonomic detector on the planet, the rig with the big coil always felt a little out of balance to me, a little off and uncomfortable...I think shortening the rod a bit will help with that but I hadn't done that yet.
With this coil all became right with the world again, swinging was effortless, like there was no coil on the end of my rod at all.

This is the one for me, the right coil on the right tool that just might be the best so far for hunting in this strange place.
I don't know about depth yet but I assume it will get as deep as I need.
Because of the clay layer here not many targets hang out much further than 4-6" deep but there are a few areas with still mineralized but more of the better black dirt where I have found a few good targets past that up to the 7-8" level.
I have confidence I can probably hit that with this coil, maybe even deeper but time will tell.
I am much more concerned with unmasking abilities and that seems to be the big headline here, several times better than the standard coil, (it seems), but that is probably no surprise to fans of the snipers and I am the president of that club.

In a little bit I will attempt a short hunt again, this time in an area that I have been living at for the better part of 3 years.
The entrance to a park just up the road from my house...I walk through it every time I hunt this park, I have stayed there for hours trying to find more and it is my personal little laboratory, every new detector, coil or new setting gets a lot of time here and if something good ever turns up I learn and remember.
I have hit this site a million times and found a ton of great treasure but like that lawn nothing good has shown up for awhile.
I have been digging a lot of the trash signals there for a long time in an effort to clean up this place and unmask more but that is a never ending process.
Junk signals I dig have been pretty much junk so not many surprises there but I hope this new set up, and the right settings, might be able to squeeze out a few more good things without needing to dig tons of junk to unmask them.
We will see, but having just a small taste of what this combination is capable of doing fills me with hope and confidence.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Great review. My 6incher is due to arrive on 9/4. Really looking forward to putting it to the test.

Woo Hoo, my 6incher arrived yesterday.

Here in my mineralized,iron infested devil dirt it seems to be the perfect addition to the arsenal.
Masking is our greatest challenge here at pretty much every site in the city.
I hunted in much better dirt at a site in Kansas that was intensely infested with iron and where the F70 and sniper coil plus using my blast-through settings worked better than just well once I figured out a few things.
I am 800 miles from there now so I can't bring the Nox in to compare but I just know that that detector plus this small coil would have made everything so much easier and I assume even more productive.

I don't have tons of hours using the Nox at all but I have enough to know this coil is making a definite difference in how it can hit on targets.

Enjoy yours!

Just wanna share with you fellow Nox users that there is now an UPDATE at Minelab SIte.

Heard it on FB just now. So my as well share it with you here.

I got lucky and scored one from a member here. USPS shows it scheduled to arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to trying it out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having enjoyed the 4" Sniper coil with my Garrett 250, I'm interested in this 6" for the Nox 600 but not finding it listed... Can you provide a link?

If it's anything like the Sniper, it should be quite awesome!

Thanks for the write up!

Cheers

Having enjoyed the 4" Sniper coil with my Garrett 250, I'm interested in this 6" for the Nox 600 but not finding it listed... Can you provide a link?

Thanks for the write up!

Cheers

Just check with any dealer that sells the Equinox models.
Plans are for a larger than standard 15" coil and this 6" sniper but like the detectors Minelab is slow to release them...no big coil yet and the snipers are just showing up in dribbles and drabs to some dealers now.
You have to call around to Minelab dealers and get on a list or two and just wait until your name pops up for now, eventually there will be a lot more in the pipelines and dealers will be stocking them but at this point they are a rare item.
The standard coil is great and I don't think I would need or be interested in anything bigger but for my dirt and sites a sniper coil is a must have.
Definitely worth the wait no matter how long that wait is.

Thanks for the write up!

Cheers

Like what DIGGER said there is a "wait list" a dealer have. I waited mine for 4 weeks right after i pre=paid it. But if you really need it ASAP, there are a few of them that pops out now and then for a hefty price tag. I see them sold around 300 to close to 500ish.

I'm a believer of this coil it really is worth the wait at least on my site as a curb strip hunter. Goodluck!

Just check with any dealer that sells the Equinox models.
Plans are for a larger than standard 15" coil and this 6" sniper but like the detectors Minelab is slow to release them...no big coil yet and the snipers are just showing up in dribbles and drabs to some dealers now.
You have to call around to Minelab dealers and get on a list or two and just wait until your name pops up for now, eventually there will be a lot more in the pipelines and dealers will be stocking them but at this point they are a rare item.
The standard coil is great and I don't think I would need or be interested in anything bigger but for my dirt and sites a sniper coil is a must have.
Definitely worth the wait no matter how long that wait is.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for them.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom