New member from S.Florida

Radman1

Hi all, I am a S.Florida native born and raised. I have always been interested in pirate ships , treasure and etc. I even had a few cheap detectors here and there over the years. Then I got married , raised a family and fell away from the hobby. Well I am here to say I recently purchased a Garrett AT Max, AT pro pointer and some digging things and I am ready to revive my lost hobby. Anyone in the Sarasota area ? right now I am kinda burying things in the yard to try and get familiar with the machine and the different tones. Any pointers or insider settings on the AT Max that any of you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks Adam

Greetings from "Parts Unknown" NY!

Beach hunting is fun !
I will get down there one day!

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

I'm a Newbie from Sarasota!

Hey everyone. I'm new to the sandfishing sport. I have been so interested in metal detecting that for the past 5 months I've done sooooo much research about it. I finally broke down and bought a Minelabs Equinox 600. I know its new to the market and has so many features for someone like me to get into. I decided against the 800 because I knew I wasn't going to go prospecting for gold, and because I was born and raised on the Florida coasts. I have been looking for a Detecting Club out this way, but I've only found those in Tampa area. (So tired of driving to Tampa for everything). If you know of any Detecting clubs or meeting held in Sarasota, Siesta Key, or even Venice area then let me know. Otherwise I'm forced to figure things out the hard way.
Thanks everyone!

Hey everyone. I'm new to the sandfishing sport. I have been so interested in metal detecting that for the past 5 months I've done sooooo much research about it. I finally broke down and bought a Minelabs Equinox 600. I know its new to the market and has so many features for someone like me to get into. I decided against the 800 because I knew I wasn't going to go prospecting for gold, and because I was born and raised on the Florida coasts. I have been looking for a Detecting Club out this way, but I've only found those in Tampa area. (So tired of driving to Tampa for everything). If you know of any Detecting clubs or meeting held in Sarasota, Siesta Key, or even Venice area then let me know. Otherwise I'm forced to figure things out the hard way.
Thanks everyone!

Hey Dig Dog, I live in Venice, recently purchased a Garrett AT Max and am learning the machine still burying stuff in my yard etc. If your looking for a hunting buddy I would be up to hitting some local beaches and other spots / permissions with you sometime. Message me , I am still a working man so weekends are generally it for me and that's only if the wife doesn't have other plans for me.

Back
Top Bottom