Minelab Explorer 2

silvercoin86

hey guys,

figured i would start a Explorer 2 thread! I'm getting mine sunday and need info on settings for finding coins, tips ect. please leave tips

thanks,
john

Best tip......GO SLOW!
Second best......Get Andy Sabisch's book,"The E-Trac & Explorer Handbook".
Next best......Go to Tom Dankowski's site and read everything.
Then go play.......S_L_O_W_L_Y.

Thanks guys for the info! Its getting shipped as we speak! Should be here Tuesday! Can't wait to go play..
How should I set this machine up? Setting wise?

Alright here's what I got:
Step #1 GO SLOW
Step #2 GO SLOw
Step #3 GO SLOOOWWW

Did I get it right? LOL

Thanks agian,
John...HH

Have only had mine a week so far an still alot to learn.You can use the factory coin setting 1st to learn the machine some,...but as other's have said,...'GO SLOW'.Don't get overwhelmed, read all you can, practice,practice, and more practice.:D

Thanks guys for the info! Its getting shipped as we speak! Should be here Tuesday! Can't wait to go play..
How should I set this machine up? Setting wise?

Alright here's what I got:
Step #1 GO SLOW
Step #2 GO SLOw
Step #3 GO SLOOOWWW

Did I get it right? LOL

Thanks agian,
John...HH
Yep! That's the basics of it John!

Listen to the null. If the threshold returns too slow when passing over discriminated targets, and going slow doesn't allow it's return between objects, THEN drop the sensitivity one notch at a time.
GL&HH!

Hello,

The Minelabs loves the dirt, but hates air! - this means that you have to keep your coil as close to the ground as posible. Use a coil cover. Compare the price of a new coil to a cover, if you think you don't need one...

Start with the coin program, as suggested, but a great tip, which will help you a lot when you get more experienced with your new machine is to copy the coin program into the advanced mode, and then adjust tone and variability to 10. You have to learn how to use all of the tones at some time, and if you start out with the standard values, then you will have to relearn the tones later on.

Gain and sensititity is the key to getting the max out of the explorer. I will suggest that You use auto sensitivity, until You can recognize false tones from ground mineralization just by listening the tones.

Your machine is great, but have a steep learning curve. I noticed, that when I started to hunt for 4-5 hours at a time, instead of just for half an hour, that I really learned a lot fast, and that the tones from the different targets actually stayed in my memory.

Did somebody mention that you should swing slow :lol::lol: - 4 seconds per swing works for me. faster will do well, for detecting shallow targets. Experiment a bit with it, it will help you later.

Pick any program you like, but stick to it while you learn the tones, and then change one thing at a time, so you can hear and see exactly what happens.

Have fun.

/Steffen

You'll be able to do 10 square feet a day..............when you get good!

Oh, and slow down some more. :lol:

what is all metal mode? I think I know but I am not sure? And is there an advantage in learning all metal mode and staying with it?

Thanks,
John G

All Metal means no filters. You hear everything. Nothing is nulled by Disc circuits.
Is it advantageous? Depends entirely on the site and targets sought.

To start the detector in factory preset mode:​
•​
Press and hold the POWER button until a six-note musical tune is sounded. The Minelab logo and the words FACTORY PRESETS’ will be briefly displayed on the screen.

You'll be able to do 10 square feet a day..............when you get good!
Oh, and slow down some more. :lol:

LOL, 10 square feet a day. The dream.
Coil to the soil, but not pedal to the metal.
It may take all day but you will KNOW your site is cleaned of good targets.
It's really rare to see someone find a target I walked over. But my Minelab seems to find stuff all the time in "hunted out" areas.
Oh, did anyone mention to slow down?

Back
Top Bottom