Amazing condition

yooper69

Elite Member
It was in amazing condition until I hit it with the shovel:( 1944 Silver Half Dollar 09.21.18 2.jpg This was at the last place me and Mud Puppy detected together I am in shock that we missed it. It did have a nail and old bottle cap within 2 inches of it in the plug.

1944 Silver Half Dollar 09.21.18.jpg

1944 Silver Half Dollar.jpg

Most beautiful silver coin the US minted for SURE! I never get tired of looking at them! You really Yooped it up there,that’s a great find.

Nice find definitely. That is a beautiful minted coin and you can barely see the shovel mark !! Good job on finding it

It happens to all of us....always on a nice coin it seems...still a nice score

Thanks to all for looking. So far at this spot is 1908 Indian head 1923 Mercury dime and the Half. I have not spent more than 45 minutes at this spot it has 5-6 rustic camp sites very small area across the road is a boat launch. I can’t swing the 800 two inches without a signal. Mostly trash . When I dug the Half it had a nail and old beer cap in the plug. Jumpy signal.But the 800 no matter what angle it kept trying like hell to talk coin to me no matter how jumpy the numbers were. I am still amazed that me and Mud both missed it . I will make my 5th stop at this place next week in between jobs. It is about 70 miles from my house.

Back
Top Bottom