looking for a barrel

stickracin

I there every one I bought a whites mxt metal detector and I have read the manual but it still dont make much since to me what I'm looking for is a barrel that may possibly be In my back yard my father-in-law (hank) died last month and he always talked about a barrel his best buddy had hide full of money and and gold bars that was lost when the bluff fell during a earthquake his buddy looked for 10+ years and never found it and on his death bed told my hank were to look so hank started looking he looked every week for about two years and about five years ago he just stoped looking (dont know why) and then there was a mound of dirt in the back yard the next week and the next month he quit working and the night he passed he told me to look between the dog and the fort and I would find my greatest dream don't know what yet but I went and bought a whites mxt and just fiddled around in the front yard and found nothing but the thig made all kinds of noise at me so what I need to know is how to make this thing work to find this barrel dont know how deep it is so dont know what to do and the how do I get it to work so I can go find things like rings and coins y'all know cool stuff

Every town had a hermit or crazy that buried their money.
Every family had an ancestor that buried their money.
Every old house had a mason jar full of gold coins buried in the yard.
And in reality, less than one in a million times there may be a smidgen of truth to the story.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=130784

Chase your dream, but don't be disappointed when the best part of the adventure is the amount of time spent outdoors.
Good luck!

Could also be so deep in the ground, an MD wont pick it up. Good luck.... if others looked for years, don't expect to find anything in a day.... week..... month or year.

Contact the Discovery or History Channels. There could be a mini-series involved to get it solved. Or, get a GPR and find it yourself. Either way, we want pics.

If you're looking for information on how to use the equipment you purchased, try looking at videos on youtube. You might also consider joining a local metal detecting club, or searching some of the posts on this site for the equipment you have. Good luck with your hunt!

If I was in your shoes I'd also keep all of this story to myself, as far as anyone local, I mean. Last thing you need is a bunch of people out there digging up the place every time you leave...

Hmm this is your first post no inro and you come out swinging with a story like this???? A little fishy and a good STORY to bad it is just a story. There are many like that in my town of riches buried. Funny when you offer to help find them folks do not want you to, even when you say that you can be there and take it all I just want to video it being found. Yep stories are what keeps us going.

Just buy a shovel and go to the area and start removing everything that doesn't look like a barrel full of gold and money.

Be better to use a probe rod. If you got to get real deep get a piece of copper pipe and solder a hose bibb on the end you can run water through. A stick of copper pipe full length is 20 feet long. We use it to find sewer lines deep underground. Just jet the pipe down. If it hits something jet around and see what shape it is;)

Whut?

rkellywtfio8.gif

Oh yeah. We have to locate drums all the time. Around here people run a washing machine drain out in the yard to a 55 gallon drum full of rocks. I've probably located 60 drums over the years:lol:

Oh he could just buy a backhoe with that much cash, just tell them he'll pay them as soon as he digs up his barrel.

Oh yeah. We have to locate drums all the time. Around here people run a washing machine drain out in the yard to a 55 gallon drum full of rocks. I've probably located 60 drums over the years:lol:

I just happen to know of a few of those drums and who might have buried them. :secret:

Back
Top Bottom