Just getting into it

Gtrex0823

Hey guys, i'm in upstate SC and looking to get into metal detecting and this seemed like a great place to learn. I would like to start a coin and artifact collection with what I can find locally. If anyone has any tips or pointers or has recommendations for a good starting detector I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

When you say a good "starting detector", do you need to start with a good budget model, or are you wanting to pay for a more advanced model ?

IF you need to start off with a good budget level detector the "Bounty Hunter Tracker IV" is one suggestion, if you want a more advanced model the Garrett AT Pro is another suggestion.

If you live near a Hobby Lobby you can use the 40% coupon to get a Bounty Hunter Tracker IV for around $70. (their web site has a "store finder" link)

....and the Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon can be printed from their web site, but don't print it too soon before going to buy it as it's only good for so many days after the date it is printed.

https://www.hobbylobby.com/Crafts-Hobbies/Kids-Crafts-Activities/Science-Educational/Tracker-IV-Metal-Detector/p/27250

hobbylobbytk4.jpg

The BH Tracker IV is a really good budget level detector, a great deal for the low price, I found a good video someone made to help those who are new to the Tracker IV -

Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Review Demonstration and How To Operate

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

You could either run the route Gary suggested or check out the Tesoro, Compadre or Mojave, if you call the sponsors and let them know you saw their info on here, they will be inclined to give you a break, well worth the 5 minute call, they would also guide you down the right path.

You could either run the route Gary suggested or check out the Tesoro, Compadre or Mojave, if you call the sponsors and let them know you saw their info on here, they will be inclined to give you a break, well worth the 5 minute call, they would also guide you down the right path.

Good idea about checking with the forum sponsors, they might be able to offer a deal better than elsewhere if you decide to get a higher end model than the Tracker IV, so it doesn't hurt to check with them first -

http://metaldetectingforum.com/forum_sponsors.php

Back
Top Bottom