obxdetector introduction

obxdetector

Hey all!

My name is Josh and I’m new to the forum so I’m here to introduce myself. I’ve been interested in detecting since I was very young. My first detector was a small one mode toy that would detect a couple inches in the ground. My grandfather used to hide coins around the cottage and tell me to go treasure hunting. I never found out until years later that he had hidden the piles of coins. I grew up away from the lifestyle, never thinking much about it other than when I’d see someone swinging at the beach. After graduating college I bought a Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker that was very good at coin shooting but had no display so it was very ineffective in trashy areas. Finally, this past September (2017) I purchased the Garrett AT Pro and it reawakened my childhood love for finding treasure. My oldest find to date is probably a square nail or possibly some flat buttons (not sure of the age of the buttons). My best find to date is a buffalo nickel. I’ve found several rings but only one that was anything half decent. I detect as much as possible and I’m starting to look for folks to hunt with. I’ll be hitting up the buddy thread soon! Glad to be here!

Welcome from Kansas and Antiques Detectors. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!!

That’s one of the best intros I’ve seen so far! The ATPro is WAAAAY ahead of that first toy you had long ago Josh. There are many many coins and a lot of rings and jewelry to be found...we as a community find many thousands of dollars worth of it EVERY year! Deciding WHAT you want to find,and then doing all you can to target where that might be...THAT will bring you success,as long as you have the time to put into it. Treasure hunting is in the blood of many,only the guys who go out and swing bring home the goods!
Great to have you here! Location?

Welcome from South Carolina !!!!

......really neat that your grandfather hid coins for you to find without telling you at the time ! :thumbsup:

Reminded me of this comic :lol:
Pickles_MD.jpg

:mder:_____:mder: _____:mder:_____:mder:

Welcome from West Virginia!!!! With OBX in the name, assume you're in NC. Looks like ya'll might be getting some of our cold weather. Stay warm and Happy Hunting!!!!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks for the welcome everyone! Yes I am in Northeastern NC not far from the obx or Virginia. I already feel at home here! Happy hunting!

Back
Top Bottom