Final 2017 Find

ollievon

Elite Member
Went down to the in-laws place in NJ for the holiday and luckily caught a pseudo-warm break on December 24th - was in the mid-40's so ground was not frozen. Decided to hit a small back yard of a house nearby that was abandoned, probably dated to the 20's-30's - within first five minutes nailed 3 silvers - but nothing else, but really didn't take much time to listen, just a quick swing and grab job.

All 3 found in the same 2ft area, clearly there must be more if I hit these speed swinging!

1916-S Merc, 1927 Merc, 1946 Quarter.

When I hit the 1916 my heart skipped a beat when I noticed a mint mark...please let it be a D, please, please, please...nope, an S, but I'll take it any day.

Can't wait to see what I nail in 2018, but with the arctic freeze here in Upstate NY I think it may take some time for the ground to defrost, it's REALLY COLD here!

Attachments

• IMG_3280.JPG
    IMG_3280.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 72
Actually I didn't find anything the last day I went out. My final find of the year though was this nice mirror that I found in a tot lot.
Mirror 1.jpg
Mirror 3.jpg

Went down to the in-laws place in NJ for the holiday and luckily caught a pseudo-warm break on December 24th - was in the mid-40's so ground was not frozen. Decided to hit a small back yard of a house nearby that was abandoned, probably dated to the 20's-30's - within first five minutes nailed 3 silvers - but nothing else, but really didn't take much time to listen, just a quick swing and grab job.

All 3 found in the same 2ft area, clearly there must be more if I hit these speed swinging!

1916-S Merc, 1927 Merc, 1946 Quarter.

When I hit the 1916 my heart skipped a beat when I noticed a mint mark...please let it be a D, please, please, please...nope, an S, but I'll take it any day.

Can't wait to see what I nail in 2018, but with the arctic freeze here in Upstate NY I think it may take some time for the ground to defrost, it's REALLY COLD here!

That’s a helluva “smash and grab” Ollie! And yes,my heart would’ve skipped a beat too! Opportunity knocked,you kicked the door down. Well done!

Why you always should follow a hunch and swing - plus, it's always nice when no one else has obviously been there before, ha-ha!

Back
Top Bottom