Hunting my grandparents house built 230+ years ago.

Dmar

Here are couple details about the property

• 1 very large tree + a bunch of smaller ones
  • A well
  • Dining room was originally a general store
  • clothes line
  • dirt floor cellar
  • large field which used to have a road running down the middle
  • Multiple large trees in the field

Currently using the bounter hunter gold digger as my first metal detector. Nothing of value yet, but here are some things that i found interesting, or wasn't sure what they were. Hopefully someone can help me out ;)

Attachments

• 5 cent trade token.jpg
    5 cent trade token.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 310
  • Cuff link.jpg
    Cuff link.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 286
  • Gear thingy.jpg
    Gear thingy.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 279
  • Plate thing.jpg
    Plate thing.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 284
  • Safety scissers.jpg
    Safety scissers.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 279
Not sure what the 2nd or 3rd things are, I don't think they're valuable but i'm curious of what they are lol. the 4th thing looks like it was a plate, or some kind of ceramic object that I probably destroyed with my shovel lol. No clue what that could have been though. The last 2 are junk but I got a kick out of them :D

Attachments

• Spoon.jpg
    Spoon.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 298

• 1 very large tree + a bunch of smaller ones
  • A well
  • Dining room was originally a general store
  • clothes line
  • dirt floor cellar
  • large field which used to have a road running down the middle
  • Multiple large trees in the field

Currently using the bounter hunter gold digger as my first metal detector. Nothing of value yet, but here are some things that i found interesting, or wasn't sure what they were. Hopefully someone can help me out ;)[/QUOT

2nd and 3rd pick look like an old hair broche, the bottom left is a deralier from a multi-speed bicycle....The first is a token of some sort, not sure what it's for.
Looks and sounds like you have a pretty good place to start. You should be able to clean up. Good Luck...HH

The fourth pic looks like an old time canning jar lid with the white glass insert...

Boy, that place sounds like theres gotta be some decent old coins around! Great finds!

Nothing of value yet, but here are some things that i found interesting...

I really like finding tokens as they are often "rarer" items than coins that were minted in the millions and distributed across the nation... i wonder if that token you found was from the store itself? Does the other side of it list a business?

Can't wait to see what comes out of that old yard next!

Picture #2 appears to be a barrette - used in women's hair.

The token is referred to as a "good for" token, being 5 cents it is probably from sometime around 1900. They were typically issued by saloons and stores.
You can see thousands of them here:

http://tokencatalog.com/

What is on the reverse?

Back
Top Bottom