• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Recommendations for a good used metal detector?

metaldetectors

Hello,

It's been many years since I have been treasure hunting and am interested in getting back in - but... am on a low budget and would like to buy a good used metal detector.

Can anyone recommend a model in the $50 - $100 range? I believe I use to have a White's Coinstar back in the good ol' days but don't remember the model.

I basically want to hunt for coins and jewelry and want to eliminate as much junk as possible. :)

Hello,

It's been many years since I have been treasure hunting and am interested in getting back in - but... am on a low budget and would like to buy a good used metal detector.

Can anyone recommend a model in the $50 - $100 range? I believe I use to have a White's Coinstar back in the good ol' days but don't remember the model.

I basically want to hunt for coins and jewelry and want to eliminate as much junk as possible. :)

You MIGHT be able to get a decent Tesoro Compadre...they go for $152 new....

Dusty

I agree...try to find a Compadre for about $100-$125.

DO NOT waste your money on any Harbor Freight or kids or low end Bounty Hunter or really low end Chinese unit.
That is what it will be if you do...a complete waste of money.
If you want something that will work well, keep it's value and have an honored and useful place in any arsenal you might want to build in the future, you have to start with a Compadre!.

HH

If you can save up $212 you should be able to get an ACE250 or Fisher F2 brand new. Both of these will serve up coins in fine style.

if ya do some checkin around you should be able to find a used ace 250 for around 150 bucks, you can find a new one for 180 bucks if ya check around.

Back
Top Bottom