The Eagle!

A couple of years ago I was contacted by a guy who wanted to get back into detecting. I helped him get equipped (Ace 250) and pinpointer and made sure he was ready to set forth.

A week later he sent me pictures of his SECOND TARGET. A 1876 $20 DOUBLE EAGLE. Every time we talk I tell him that I hate him.

Next time you talk to him, tell him I hate him too! :p

Next time you talk to him, tell him I hate him too! :p

Ditto. That's totally unfair for a guy's 2nd target ever to be a gold coin. He didn't "pay his dues" and dig 5000 tabs/foil, 5000 clad, endless worthless wheaties, etc..... He skipped straight to the head of the class ! That's cheating ! :mad:

(I did hear of a guy who, during the 1982-83 storms/erosion that raked CA beaches, that on his first day ever detecting @ Carmel Beach , got a gold coin)

Nice find! Jealous, but it stokes the fire to go find one myself! Congrats on a major bucket lister

Like a seasoned deer hunter told me, when I harvested a nice 8-pt buck on my first-ever day bowhunting, “it will never be that easy again”. LOL.

A couple of years ago I was contacted by a guy who wanted to get back into detecting. I helped him get equipped (Ace 250) and pinpointer and made sure he was ready to set forth.

A week later he sent me pictures of his SECOND TARGET. A 1876 $20 DOUBLE EAGLE. Every time we talk I tell him that I hate him.

Back
Top Bottom