• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Cherry picking????

coldmidget

ok been to this area of the beach 2 times now. im finding nice wash out areas in water nice hard bottom. im finding every thing i expect to be their except gold silver etc. i know this area is hunted regularly. i have a duel field. i dig it all. with what i have found other then a fake rolex and a1.4 oz silver braclet. do u think they water hunters out their are cherry picking the area and what little riches i do find is what they have missed? last hunt pic and this weeks pics. but once again it was a beautiful day.

Attachments

• 100_2108.jpg
    100_2108.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 807
  • 100_2099.jpg
    100_2099.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 942
Looks to me like you are in a good area. If it has been Cherry picked you may not find silver,but the gold should still be there. Most hunters that Cherry pick turn up the discmination and pick only the silver signals therefore leaving the gold. I hunt one lake that I think gets cherry picked because I rarely find silver, but always find gold. Go over the area slowly and dig all signals I bet there is gold there. Good Luck!

Going by your targets I would say no...Most of those pennies would be diggers for a cherry picker and I discriminate any hi tones with the xcalibur by ear, unless it is a disruptive high, not clean signal...like those pennies..........digging all mids (gold, nickles), and disruptive lows, except the very lows of bottle caps...and this is with a excalibur...

Working on the speaker thing for the excal...these pennies are clean so the sound good but check out the others...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AumO0PKzN_w

Last edited:
No. Most of your targets look new. Plus, simetimes zinc pennies are large gold rings.

Looks like a fun spot though.

Coldmidget, Hunting the same area beaches you are, believe me it is nothing like it was 10 years ago or even 5 years ago. I have noticed that many of the people in our area hardly wear much gold to the beaches anymore.

Nope...no cherry picking going on at all as far as I can see.
Soldier on and dig some gold...it's there based on those pics fo sho':D

You may have just had some movement with these high/low tides that moved some sand off the beach or broke up a sand bar then correlated the targets. OR maybe someone hasnt hunted it recently...... but most of those look like moved targets.

Dew

Back
Top Bottom